Friday, May 29, 2015

On a Bloggy Binge

I know I am not the only one out there who has the occasional binge -- though mine usually comes in the form of a Friday Night Lights or Grey's Anatomy marathon on Netflix.

There is just something comforting about vegging out and getting sucked into a different world for a few hours, whether it is in the OR's of Seattle Grace or on the football fields of Dillon, Texas.

Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose. Amen.

But for the past few days I have been on another kind of binge. A bloggy binge. And my obsession has been on the blog of Big Mama.

I don't know how many of you have ever clicked over to her blog and read, but if you haven't, you are missing out on some good stuff.

She has a way with her words that make her just the perfect combination of relatable and hilarious. She writes the way most of us think. Or at least the way I think!

(PS - I am getting a red squiggle line under the word relatable. How is this not a word? Am I spelling it wrong?)

So I've spent a few non-working hours of my day getting lost in post after post of old Big Mama archives. And then I snapped out of it and remembered that I do in fact have a blog of my own that 3 or 4 people actually follow and read on the rare occasion so I thought I would give an update.

So in case you are wondering what is new at the Nation household, here is a quick list of things that have been happening.

1. Chris turned 31 two days ago. We celebrated by eating pizza & cake & watching some loud action packed movie with Liam Neeson and Harrison Ford on a submarine. Truth be told he watched it by himself while me and Amelia blew bubbles at each other and talked gibberish. But if that is what he wanted to watch on his birthday, then who are we to stop him?

2. Amelia has become quite the talker. If she is not eating or sleeping, then chances are that she is jabbering about something or other. If this is any indication of the future, then there is a good chance that she is going to have a note sent home with her from a teacher letting us know that our little social butterfly is a distraction in class because she won't stop talking.


3. I have yet to make any changes to my hair. I know you were all on the edge of your seat waiting for a big hair chop reveal, but I think I am starting to chicken out. This is how it always goes with me and my hair - I can never decide!

4. Amelia has started to eat cereal from a spoon, respond when you call her by name, and she is on the brink of saying Mama (right now it sounds like mamamamamamamammammmmm booooobooobooo, but I know what she is really trying to say!) It is amazing to see her transform and grow and learn new things every day.


5. I am so glad it is Friday! Mama needs to catch up on her sleep. Baby girl has decided to wake up several times in the middle of the night lately, ya know, just to chat. I adore hearing her sweet little baby voice cooohing and oooohing though - it is much better than crying! But Mama needs some REM cycles bad!

Happy Friday!

No comments: