But enough of my complaining -- because we had a great weekend!
We drove down to Bowling Green on Saturday and met my family for lunch at Shogun. It was so great to see everyone. Just seeing my family and being able to spend some time with them instantly refreshes my soul! I miss them so much.
My mom made me cry as soon as I saw her because she made the comment that the last time we were all at Shogun (2 years ago) was when I had thrown a little tantrum at the members of my family and told them that they hurt my feelings when they asked me when I was going to have a baby. I cried at them and told them that me and Chris may not ever be able to have a baby and I made everyone else cry. Now here we stood in the same place 2 years later holding sweet little Amelia in our arms. God is good.
So we ate at Shogun...well actually me and Chris didn't eat because we decided to hit up our beloved Home Cafe afterwards...and we talked and exchanged birthday gifts and had a great time. Again I have to say, I love seeing my family.
So after Shogun and after our quick Home Cafe trip, we headed out to Jackson's Orchard. Amelia's eyes were glazing over and she was really trying to fall asleep on the drive out there, but I played with her and kept her awake so that we could do our big pumpkin photo shoot.
She looked so cute in the middle of all the pumpkins! But I think she was a little overwhelmed because we could not get one single smile out of her!
The thing about babies and pumpkins is that she doesn't have to smile and the pictures are still stinkin' adorable.
We got our annual apple cider slushies of course, and then we said our goodbyes so that Amelia could crash - because at this point she was on the brink of a sleep-deprived meltdown.
It was a quick but fun trip, and I will cherish staring at the 8,567 pictures of my sweet girl in the pumpkin patch for her first of many Jackson's Orchard visits!


1 comment:
Love this!! Hate it I missed you, but Amelia is just precious with those pumpkins!!
Post a Comment