Thursday, September 17, 2015

Making Your Life Easier, One List at a Time

So this morning I sent out an email to several members of my family requesting their Christmas wish lists. Because, people, did you realize that there are only 15 Saturdays left? And if you take into consideration that we've already got plans for 3 of those Saturdays, then really there are only 12 Saturdays left. And if you take into account that it's only September and we'll probably end up making more plans on more of those Saturdays between now and the end of December, then there are really only like 7 Saturdays left. And that just makes me nervous that there isn't enough time to get this all done. And if you take this all into consideration, then really, I might be a little bit crazy. But we all know that already.

So in true Emily's Blog fashion, here is my annual Christmas wish list coming to you extra early this year. Because I am considerate like that. You're welcome, family.

First up, Amelia's wish list. She's pretty easy! And let's be real here. She will more than likely be more interested in playing with the wrapping paper and bows than toys, so let's not go too crazy, people.

1. Toys. 
I know I just contradicted myself. But seriously, Amelia has a big basket of toys in our living room full of books, blocks, and little toys that make all kinds of music and noise. And she has quickly lost interest in pretty much every toy in there. She's bored with the same old same and ready for some new bells and whistles to keep her attention.


2. Books.
She prefers soft books that she can chew on or any kind of touch and feel books. Or of course books that play music.

3. Baby Moccs
She personally told me that she needs some of these cute soft shoes. Hey, the girl wants what she wants.



4. Adorable onesies with cute sayings on them.
Etsy is the place to go for all things cute and baby!


5. Baby Einstein or Veggie Tales DVD's
No explanation needed. Well except to say that I didn't really grow up on VeggieTales, but my husband did. And he may or may not have forced me to listen to "the hairbrush song" the other day because I was missing out on a joy in life. It was very silly. So obviously I loved it.


6. Sound machine 
Every night I play white noise using Amelia's sleep sheep, but it cuts off automatically after 45 minutes. She would really love a noise machine that stayed on all night long.

Okay, now on to my list.

1. Columbia or NorthFace fleece jacket
Chris's Mom just bought Amelia her first purple fleece Columbia jacket and it is just about the cutest thing ever. And I need to be as cool as my baby this winter. Not purple though - we really don't need to be those perfectly matching mother/baby people. Not that there's anything wrong with that.


2. Massage Gift Certificate
My poor back has been put through the ringer this past year. Between pregnancy itself and now constantly carrying around Amelia, I just have a constant ache all over my back. The sheer relaxation and comfort of a massage would most likely cause me to weep tears of joy all over on the massage table.

3. Car floor mats
Oh how far my Christmas wish list has fallen. But then again I do recall once asking for a rolling pin and a laundry basket in the past, so maybe I've just always wanted strange items. But seriously. I have inflicted some serious destruction on my car's current floor mats and they need to be replaced.

4. Big Mama Books
I read Big Mama's first book Sparkly Green Earrings and absolutely loved it. I know I would love her other 2 books too.


5. New throw pillows for the couch
Out of the two throw pillows currently sitting on my couch, one has been flattened like a pancake due to me using it as a cushion for my 9 months of pregnancy, and the other one is unraveling at the seams. Needless to say, they have seen better days. Oh and while we're talking about it, the couch has definitely seen better days too. Time for an upgrade!


6. Office chair
I know what you are thinking. Doesn't your office provide you with a chair? Yes. But let me reiterate the severity of my aching back. If I am going to sit in a chair for 8 hours a day 5 days a week, then I want it to love it and be comfortable. I want a big cushy chair that supports my dear old throbbing lumbar.


So in summary, I am old and my list is sad. Merry Christmas 3 months early.

PS - Family, I am still waiting on your lists. Reply to my email!

No comments: