First was an awesome waffle place called Taste of Belgium. I got a banana and Nutella waffle and it was pretty much amazing! Then we walked down the street and had some fish tacos at this place called Bakersfield. They were quite yummy too! And then we drove home with our bellies full of a very weird assortment of food.
Saturday and Sunday were both pretty much lazy days. We slept in (me and Amelia slept all the way until 7:15 one morning, woo hoo!) and snuggled and watched TV and went out for lunch.
I think we were the only people left in Louisville this weekend - everywhere we went was deserted! But Amelia and I thoroughly enjoyed our leisurely stroll through Target with my first pumpkin spice latte of the season.
Sunday night I was faced with an unexpected milestone in Amelia's life when I used up the very last bit of lotion in her first and only bottle of Johnson & Johnson. Call me crazy, but my heart was breaking and my eyes were burning thinking about the fact that I would no longer be using the same lotion bottle I have used on her since the day I brought her home from the hospital.
Like I said, call me crazy.
I quickly decided that the moment was significant enough to be documented with a quick photo so I grabbed my phone and placed the empty bottle next to Amelia on the changing table.
Through teary eyes, I placed the lotion bottle on the edge of the table, reminiscing to the early days of putting lotion on my little bitty newborn after her first few baths.
If I were to be paying attention and not lost in my emotional basketcase, I probably wouldn't have placed the bottle near the back of the dresser/changing table.
You see, if it were to fall off the back of the table, it would fall behind to an unreachable area for me and it would be lost forever.
Or at least until someone moves the dresser out of the way.
But wouldn't you know, in a blink of a teary eye, Amelia knocked the bottle right off the table and it landed behind the dresser out of my reach.
My emotional state went from sappy nutcase to determined Mommy-on-a-mission in a matter of seconds. I had to get that lotion bottle back and take this picture!
So my idea was to use the long stick on the broom with my MacGyver skills to hit the bottle out to the side where I would stealthily retrieve it.
But when I returned with the broom (after receiving a questionable look from Chris as I rushed past him with Amelia on my hip, mascara running down my face, and a broom in my hand walking to a carpeted room...) I was faced with quite a conundrum.
The bottle was gone.
Missing.
Vanished.
My sentimental moment of documenting Amelia's first baby lotion bottle was never to be.
I'm sure it slid under the dresser somehow and I will find it on the day we move out.
So I took her picture with the fresh new bottle of lotion.
Notice it is on the front side, and not the back.
I don't know what we're going to do when we run out of her first bottle of baby body wash.
I may need help!



No comments:
Post a Comment