Wednesday, January 13, 2016

12 Months

Amelia Ryan, you are 1 year old today!


I can't believe it has been exactly 1 year since the day you were born. It has been the most wonderful (and exhausting) year of my life. You make life so much better for me and your Daddy.


You have started walking this month! You don't take steps by yourself, but you are walking all over the house using your walker and you love it. The walker plays music so you just walk along while the music plays until you run into a wall or something makes you stop, and then you'll just stand there and dance to the music until someone turns you around so that you can walk some more. It is precious.


You have started to copy and mimic me and your Daddy more. Like if we make a noise, you will try to make the same noise and we'll go back and forth making the noise for a long time because you think it is so neat. It is really a lot of fun, but I usually end up laughing so hard that I mess up the game!


You were doing really well sleeping in your crib for a while, but then you got sick for a few days and required a few nights of snuggle sleeping with Mama, and now that has kind of thrown off your good sleeping habits, so you are back in the rock and play. You will get this sleep thing figured out one of these days, baby girl.


You are becoming a better eater all the time, but you are also showing your picky side by spitting things out that you don't like. I gave you a donut hole this morning as a special treat for your birthday, and you really liked it!


You are absolutely obsessed with Lucy. She is definitely your best friend. A lot of the time, it kind of sounds like you are saying "Lucy" but it comes out more like "Ucy", and most of the time when you see her you just scream. That's kind of your thing right now is high pitched happy screams!


Baby girl, I am so proud to be your mama. I can't tell you enough how much I love you. There are just not enough words to express how much joy fills my heart that you are mine. I have so many hopes for you. I hope that we are able to provide you with a happy childhood filled with wonderful memories. I hope that you have a desire for learning and reading, because I have so much I want to teach you and share with you. I hope that you are surrounded by people who love you, and you never feel a day of loneliness. I hope that you always know that your Daddy and I would do absolutely anything for you, and we will always be here for you no matter what.


But for now, all I hope is that you have a wonderful first birthday. I love you so, so much sweet girl.

Happy birthday.

Love,
Mama

No comments: