Monday, January 25, 2016

There's No Days Like Snow Days!

The Nation household hunkered down in our warm house on Friday and Saturday while the big bad Storm Jonas made it's way through our neck of the woods. Amelia was sure to wear all the latest fashions while she tried to stay warm. 


We did venture out to show Amelia the cold white stuff on Saturday, but it was only for a brief photo opp - it was too cold and windy for her to stay out and play. 


We immediately came inside and made homemade hot cocoa with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon to remedy our cold ears and noses. It was glorious!


Yesterday morning, I was craving a hefty dose of comfort in the form of several re-run episodes of my all-time favorite TV show. REBA!


Just ask my husband or my sister. Both have had to suffer through countless hours of nonstop Reba episodes. The theme song "I'm a Survivor" is probably on their top 10 lists of most annoying songs ever. I used to watch Reba EVERY SINGLE NIGHT before bed when I lived with my sister before me and Chris got married...drove her absolutely bananas! 


And poor Chris could probably quote a few Barbara Jean lines in his sleep if he had to - bless him. 


So imagine my delight, when my darling daughter stumbled upon my Reba DVD's and was immediately enamored with the red-headed queen herself! 


She seriously played with these DVD cases for 10 solid minutes. She stared at Reba and smiled. Then she laughed and threw the DVD's on the ground and clapped her hands. 


There is something about us Nation girls that just have a natural kinship and love for all things Reba. 


Amelia started to get a little rough with the DVD's after a while when she tried to sit on Reba's face a few times, so I had to warn her, "Be careful with those, baby. Those are Mama's prized possessions!"


I guess if anything ever happened to my beloved Reba DVD's, I would be okay. I mean, after all, if Reba's taught me anything it's that... I'M A SURVIVOR. 

Sorry - couldn't resist!

No comments: