In January I was hospitalized for 8 days while bringing our sweet baby girl into the world. It was a crazy experience that I will never forget, and it brought me the greatest blessing of my entire life. January 13, 2015 was the day Amelia Ryan Nation was born!
In March I went back to work and learned how to function on very little sleep (hint: caffeine helped with this process).
In April, Chris and I attended our very first Kentucky Derby. It was so much fun and I am so glad we did it, but I don't really care to make it an annual tradition. So many people and boy did my feet hurt at the end of the day!
In May, we celebrated Chris's birthday with our first mommy/daddy date since Amelia was born (not counting the Derby) with lunch, a movie, and a coffee date. We really need to work on incorporating more of those into the new year!
During the summer, I started back with my graduate classes and started a new job. Still functioning on little sleep, this was a huge undertaking and I'm still not sure how I survived while caring for my 5 month old baby, husband, and Lucy (hint: Lucy really learned how to be self-sufficient during this time, bless her sweet doggy heart).
In September, I celebrated my 31st birthday with very little hub-ub - next year I am going to make plans to do something I really enjoy - like a spa day or concert, or at least another dinner/movie/coffee date with the hubs.
In October, Amelia dressed up as the cutest pumpkin in all the land for her first Halloween.
And in November, we had the cutest little turkey in all the land when we celebrated her first Thanksgiving!
December went by in the blink of an eye with Amelia's first Christmas (and first virus, boo!).
This year went by faster than any year before. They say with kids, the days may feel long, but the years are short. How true that feels! I hope that I never forget to enjoy every single moment along the way, and try not to rush or anticipate "the next step" in Amelia's life.
2015, you were amazing. Good luck topping that one, 2016!


No comments:
Post a Comment