Hello again! Merry Christmas and happy new year! Amelia's first Christmas was a whirlwind of way too many presents and more interest in the bows than the toys inside, as was much expected! The entire 2 week break was extremely busy and hectic, but we did manage to squeeze in a little goofing off with just me and my girl during my first few days off.
Of course, we had to include Lucy in all of our fun. She was tutu cute.
Our first family outing was on Christmas Eve night for Chris's family's get-together. Amelia got to see her cousin Liam again, which she thought was great. She was interested in poking him in the face and ear to really check him out well. Me and Chris got a small taste of handling two children at once and realized we were not ready for that kind of craziness!
But to be honest, I think the grandparents were kind of digging it.
Amelia got lots of great toys and clothes.... and the bows were her favorite of all.
On Christmas morning, Amelia woke up to a living room full of new toys! She got a new walker that has already been helping her take a few steps - she can walk all the way across the room!
Amelia was a little sleepy on Christmas morning - she didn't really understand why we were all up so early and trying to play while it was supposed to be cereal time.
Chris got her a new winter snow suit which he had to let her try on. She looked so cute! She reminded me of the little kid in A Christmas Story who can't put his arms down!
After we had our little family Christmas, we got ready and loaded up the car to head down to Franklin for Christmas with my family. Sadly, I was so busy with Amelia and opening presents and stuffing my face that I did not take a single picture. I am actually quite upset about this b/c I have a family picture in front of Nana's tree every year I can remember. We totally failed, family! So here is the only picture I have of Amelia at my family Christmas..she was doing a face dive into her new stuffed owl. I think it is safe to say she liked it!
After several hours in Franklin, we loaded up the car again and headed back up to Shelbyville to have Christmas with Chris's mom and dad. I took absolutely zero pictures to document this occasion, and seriously need to get my act together. They got her a red wagon and we all took turns pulling her (and Lucy!) around the basement for the next few days, and it was super adorable - why I didn't take a picture to document the moment is beyond me!
The Monday after Christmas was the Nation family Christmas for Chris's dad's side of the family. Chris had to work, but I took Amelia so she could visit with everyone. She really liked being around the other kids!
So we had a great Christmas, but it was all very busy. I was so looking forward to winding down the week after Christmas and do a lot of nothing and clean the house up....
...but unfortunately, Amelia came down with a viral fever for 3 days and she was stuck to me like glue all week (not that I'm complaining). We have snuggled 24/7 (no exaggeration!) all week. She is feeling better, and is fever-free, but now she has a lovely viral rash that has popped up. I really didn't want to come back to work and leave her - she still just wants her mommy!
Here's to a happy and healthy new year. Hopefully once this rash clears up, we will steer clear of those germs we managed to pick up over the holidays - yuck!

No comments:
Post a Comment