Happy Wednesday, friends.
Do I have anything interesting to blog about today? No. Has that stopped me from rambling on for 600+ words before? Never.
Lately I've been back on the ole "healthy" bandwagon. I took about a 3 week hiatus from the gym where I primarily survived on Girl Scout cookies. But I mean what kind of super human can resist the siren song of the thin mints and Tagalongs? Samoas, sure, I can resist those easy - take that coconut garbage away from me, but the thin mints? I'm defenseless against your cool refreshing chocolatey allure and I don't care who knows it. But all that to say... I'm back. Time to pay the cookie piper. To be honest though, I think my recent up and down caloric-intake roller coaster has really helped my metabolism in the long run. Or maybe I'm just delusional and it makes me feel better to think that way.
Whatever the case, I've been healthy this week with a steady rotation of veggies, berries, almond butter, avocados, sweet potatoes, and only a limited sprinkling of chocolate here and there. I've learned in my years of battling the healthy lifestyle that I don't stand a chance of maintaining a steady diet of healthy foods unless I give myself some slack and incorporate some chocolate. So far it seems to be working as I'm down 4 lbs from when I first weighed on Sunday morning - woo hoo!
Speaking of "lbs". Chris and I were driving home from dinner this past weekend when he read a Wendy's advertisement for a new burger and commented on how they were now offering a "lamb" burger. As you can imagine, I was quite surprised to hear such an unorthodox choice of burger meat from one of our established American burger franchises. But when I looked up and read the sign for myself, I realized that he was interpreting the letters "lb" in quarter lb as the word "lamb". To say I got some chuckles at his expense is definitely an understatement.
So lamb burgers aside, I've got the healthy eating thing down to a pretty exact science (she says with more confidence than she should). My struggle is more with consistently exercising. Sure the elliptical is easy enough, especially when I watch Youtube videos of Jimmy Fallon and Ellen to pass the time. But it can also be a little boring. I'd like to find a fun fitness class to join, but I've got a whole lot of excuses as to why that will probably never happen. Like how am I supposed to and when would I have time to Zumba when I've got a 2 year old permanently attached to my leg? I can imagine I might be able to find some sort of dance workout video online that I could try to do at home, but that would subject me to severe ridicule from my husband. Possibly from Amelia and Lucy as well.
But speaking of dancing like a fool, one of Amelia's current favorite things to do is dance in front of the mirror. The other night she grabbed a baseball cap off the dresser and handed it to me. I proceeded to put it on sideways style and spit out a one-of-a-kind "mom rap" for her while we danced and laughed and had a grand ole time.
"My name is Mommy and I'm here to say...."
I can't even finish the rap for you because I honestly don't remember what kind of nonsense rambled out of my mouth or if it made one lick of sense (probably not), but Amelia didn't know any better and thought I was super cool. Which is why I always remind her - I'm not like a regular mom, I'm a cool mom. Which I will continue to remind her until she is well into her college years.
I'm just waiting for the day when a CLASSIC 90's rap song comes on the radio while we're in the car - like Gangsta's Paradise or Ice, Ice, Baby - and I can truly display my stellar rapping skills and astounding coolness to her.
Alright stop. Collaborate and listen...
I mean just like girl scout cookies and lamb burgers at Wendy's, some things will never go out of style.
No comments:
Post a Comment