Monday, March 6, 2017

Bwush Teef on the Stoowy

The answer to your question is no. No, I did not have my fingers on the wrong keys when I typed the title of the post. You'll understand what it says in an uno momento.

But first...has it really been two weeks since I last posted? Were you worried that I fell in a potty somewhere and couldn't get out?

Thankfully, there are no more potty-related fiascoes to report. No one has had to clean poop off the floor in the last two weeks. Life is good.


In other news, Amelia's vocabulary has been improving drastically over the past month. For posterity sake, I want to document that she is now up to 70+ words and can kind of sort of say her ABC's. She leaves out a few letters, but I think that's still pretty good for a 2 year old.


My favorite words are the ones where she puts her own special twang on them. For example, every night before bed she gets so excited to pull out her little step stool ("stoowy") and brush her teeth with Mommy ("bwush teef").


R's and L's are a little difficult for her but gosh it's cute. "Wed", "Bwue", "Pupple", and "Gween" are some of her favorite colors. And of course "Wucy" is her favorite buddy.


This weekend I took her to story time at Barnes and Noble and I cannot help but beam with a severe case of Mom pride. I don't want to say she was the BEST behaved kid there, but she was definitely one of the best. (Oh, who am I kidding? She was the BEST and the CUTEST...)



We also went to church Saturday night where she loves to hear the music and sit in the pew like a big girl, but has yet to make it through the entire sermon without getting a little antsy. So we walk out in the hallway and she pretends to act shy with the men who collect the offering plates. She stands close to them and gives them the side eye until they look at her and then she does a double face palm like she's soooo embarrassed that they are looking at her... I don't know who enjoys it more - her or the old men. They both crack up!


Speaking of church, I have a funny story about one of my favorite Christian artists. Have you ever heard of Meredith Andrews? Well, if you haven't, you should Google her because she has a beautiful voice and so many great inspiring songs - I just love her. Which is why I follow her on Instagram. Which led to me seeing her post this picture on her feed yesterday.


Which led to me being one of those random strangers on the internet who posted a comment on a "celebrity" Instagram account. Because how could I not share with her my advice on how to handle swallowing a sharp object after my staple swallowing incident of 2015? So I told her to eat some bread & don't Google or WebMD the situation. #speakingfromexperience

I'm not gonna lie. It made me pretty happy to hear that I am not alone in my embarrassing swallowing incidents. I mean, hello, these things even happen to celebrities. And from now on her hit song "You're Not Alone" will take on a WHOLE new meaning to me.


Everyone have a happy Monday. And don't forget to bwush your teef on your stoowy.

No comments: