Three days in a row for posting. Somebody give me a cookie!
Ok. So. The car horn. Sometimes I wonder if the person who invented the automobile really thought this one through. I mean is there really ever a truly appropriate time to honk the horn that doesn't make the honker just the slightest bit rude?
Well, I am going to lay out two horn-honking scenarios below that have occurred this past week that were both totally and completely rude and inappropriate. One of these scenarios was the car driving in the lane next to me, and unfortunately one of these scenarios was yours truly.
Scenario #1
It's 5:00. Traffic is terrible. I'm almost home but I'm in that patch of the commute that is back-to-back stop lights where two different interstates have on and off ramps so the traffic is always insanely congested and the traffic lights never seem to coordinate well with the flow of traffic. How many times can I say the word traffic? I apologize. Anyway, my point is, when the light turns GREEN that means GO. It doesn't mean dilly dally. It means get out of the way, people, I'm ready to be home so I can put on my sweat pants.
So on this particular day, the light turned green, but no one moved. There were no sirens blaring and red lights flashing so the cars weren't stopped for an ambulance or police car to pass through. The cars were just NOT MOVING. So "someone" honked their horn to let these lingering slow poke cars know that the light was GREEN, hello, it's GREEN, people! And exactly at the time that this "person" honked their obnoxious horn, a long line of cars began driving by all with a little red flag on their hood. Yep, it was a funeral procession. "Someone" honked their horn while car after car of grieving loved ones were trying to make their way to a cemetery to pay their respects.
Wow. Talk about rude.
Scenario #2
It's 4:45. Traffic is moments away from being terrible, so you better put the pedal to the medal and beat the rush. Suddenly, the fast moving traffic slows to a halt and you notice several police cars and news camera crews all around you. "Someone" does not notice the police cars and camera crews and lays on their horn to let the other cars know they need to GO GO GO - hurry before the masses leave for work and we all have to sit in rush hour traffic and hate our lives! Oh wait a second, did that camera crew just catch an act of complete and total rude horn honking behavior? I think so.
As it turns out there was a tragic accident and an injured police officer was being brought to the hospital, which explains the many police cars without their lights flashing and the news crews there to cover the breaking story.
And yet all "somebody" cared about was driving home quick, fast, and in a hurry. How rude!
So there you have it. Two completely true scenarios that happened this week. To protect the innocent I am going to let you just use your imagination to figure out in which of these scenarios I was the culprit.
And on a completely unrelated note, I would just like to apologize to anyone who may have recently lost a loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and hope that you know that if you heard any rude horn honking while driving to the cemetery, I'm sure that person didn't realize the error of their ways and is truly completely sorry and embarrassed.
Have a great Thursday, y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment