Wednesday, March 29, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Lately, I've read some really good books and fixed some super yummy dishes that I've been meaning to share on the blog. So I thought today would be a good day to do a What's Up Wednesday link up and answer their weekly questions.


So here we go!

EATING...

This past Sunday I made Momfessional's Bubble Up Pizza Casserole and have been enjoying the leftovers for dinner each night. Since I am the only person in my household who eats pepperoni's that means it's mine ALL mine! I didn't put in the browned sausage and I doubled the amount of pepperoni's instead and it is YUMMO!


I also wanted to share the strawberry cake recipe I used for Beth's birthday cake because it was AMAZING (if I do say so myself!). Trust me when I say that you will not be disappointed if you make this!


REMINISCING...

Since Easter is just around the corner I've been thinking back on the past few years of Easters with Amelia. I can't believe this will be her 3rd one!


LOVING...

I recently discovered Halo Top ice cream & I'm loving it. Ice cream is my love language but I know that it's so not good for me. Halo Top is high in protein and low in fat so it's actually pretty healthy! So far my favorite flavor has been chocolate chip cookie dough, but I really want to try the peanut butter cup!



BEEN UP TO...

I pretty much caught you up on what we've been up to in yesterday's post. Just a lot of the usual!

DREADING...

The weather has been nice for the past few days but I'm dreading the storms that are supposed to be rolling through tomorrow. I don't mind stormy weather so much, but I dread my poor scaredy-dog working herself up into a tizzy. She literally jumped into the bath tub one night and spent the entire night there one stormy night last month. Bless her heart!

WORKING ON...

As Fergie would say, I've been up in the gym just workin' on my fitness. Me and a friend from work have been using our lunch breaks every day to work out. She really challenges me to break out of my comfort zone (leisurely strolling on the elliptical while watching Jimmy Fallon on Youtube) and we've been seriously pumping iron! I feel stronger every day!

EXCITED ABOUT...

Amelia's progress with her speech. She's been improving day by day and she LOVES her speech therapist. I love that she feels like she has a new friend!

WATCHING & READING...




I've also been reading quite a bit lately. I would highly recommend any of the Kimberly McCreight suspense novels, but the Gillian Flynn book was a little too dark for my liking.





LISTENING TO...

I'm always changing up the type of music I listen to but lately I've been on a country kick & my favorite is Luke Bryan's song "MOVE". It's so catchy! I'm looking forward to watching the ACM awards this weekend!

WEARING...

I really tried but I don't have the skills to take a full body selfie to show the cute dress I'm wearing, but lately I've been on a comfy dress & boots kick for work days. But on the weekends, I keep it really simple. Aviators, no make up, and top knots for the win.


DOING THIS WEEKEND...

Spring cleaning, possible date night, & playing with my favorite girl. Also, a doggie ice cream cone is in somebody's near future as Lucy will be turning 10 on Saturday!

LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH...

I have an upcoming pamper day planned for the Friday before Easter weekend and can't wait. Also looking forward to fixing up Amelia's Easter basket with lots of fun stuff!

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Halo Top is the best! Red velvet is probably my favorite flavor out of all but cookie dough is up there too. :) I've never heard of Kimberly McCreight before but love any sort of thriller books so I will have to check them out!