Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend and Vacation Bible School

After a busy week, Chris and I enjoyed a very uneventful weekend --  just the way I like it! Friday night we rented some movies and stayed in. About 10 minutes after we started Angels and Demons, I fell asleep and was out until the end of the movie! I guess the week had just done me in!
Saturday morning was spent running errands, cleaning the house, mowing, and fun things like that. :) Saturday afternoon was spent shopping for fake apples at Pier 1 and watching the most horrible movie ever - Horrible Bosses. I highly do NOT recommend it! Very dirty and tacky. Not my style movie at all!
Sunday we went to church and then met his parent's for lunch at Olive Garden. His parents brought down some presents that we had left with them from our Louisville shower so after lunch we spent time hanging new shower curtains and pictures and having fun decorating the house a little more.
Last night was the kickoff to Rich Pond's Vacation Bible School. This is my first year helping at Rich Pond and it is so much fun! The theme is Paul and the underground church -- this week we are in Rome. I'm co-teaching the 4th grade class with Miss Angel. Don't we look super cool?

It's so much fun to be around kids and help them learn more about the gospel - even if it means wearing goofy Roman outfits. :)

No comments: