Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pre-Wedding Activities

Warning: This is a picture heavy post! First up - decorating! Most of the decorating at the church was done the Thursday before the big day.
Me and Mom did most of the work but Beth and Chris's parents also came to help finish up on Friday.
 If it weren't for Beth reminding me, I wouldn't have any pictures to document the decorating experience! I wanted her to be the first to sign our guestbook tree since she made it for us. I love our tree!
The day before the big day, me and my bridesmaids (and Tammy, the honorary bridesmaid) treated ourselves to some much needed pampering.
 Actually my Nana treated us to some pampering.. wasn't that sweet of her? We all got pedicures and I also got a manicure. It was so fun!
While my nails were being done, I had to have some assistance taking a sip of my coke so Grace helped me out.
They thought it was funny enough to document with a picture because it totally makes me look like a bossy bridezilla!
Rehearsal and rehearsal dinner went off without a hitch. We ran through it once without any major problems and then ran through it one more time just to be safe!
I'm so glad Alicia thought to bring her camera while she was standing on stage, or yet again I would have no pictures to document. What would I do without my girls?
Rehearsal dinner was at Mariah's restaurant and Chris's parents did a great job hosting. The food was delicious and it was so nice to all be together the night before for some much needed fellowship.
The only other pre-wedding picture I have for you is on the actual wedding day, a few hours before I had to be at the church. Beth and I were on our way to the hair salon. I had woken up with major butterflies in my stomach, an emotional wreck from my friends sending me sappy wedding wishes text messages, exhausted from zero hours of sleep the night before, and slightly freaking out because it had just started pouring down rain. I think my feelings can be summed up in one word - STRESSED!
Thankfully, the rain stopped, my stomach calmed down, and my hair dresser is a goofball who kept cracking jokes and making me relax so the rest of the day ended up being just fine!
Stay tuned tomorrow for some honeymoon pictures. Don't expect much though - I was a terrible photographer on our trip! Only took one picture of us together!

No comments: