I like to schedule time for important things like exercising, reading my Bible, and having a few minutes of "me" time. I find that when I schedule time for these things, I am a much more content person!
This weekend we had our first guests over to our house for dinner. Friday night, our friends Chris and Alicia came over for some BBQ, mashed potatoes, and green beans. It was a lot of fun! They also brought their little miniature dauschaund, Penelope, to play with Lucy. Although, they didn't exactly hit it off -- Lucy was being a bully! It is rare that Lucy is bigger than other dogs - I don't know what got into her, but she was pushing poor little Penelope all over the place. What am I going to do with her?
Saturday I drove down to Franklin to have breakfast with Alicia (my BFF Alicia, not the one who came over for dinner the night before...confused yet?). Alicia made us some yummy apple dumplins and bacon and we watched the premiere of our favorite funny blogger, the Pioneer Woman on the Food Network.
Then I came back up to Bowling Green and met Chris and his parents for lunch at Smoky Bones. They love to come down and love on Lucy. She is one spoiled grand-dog!
Beth came over Saturday afternoon and visited. I love that she lives right down the street. She rides her bike over all the time just to say hi. I love my sis so much. We like to encourage each other to do things that build us up -- like drink more water, exercise, read our Bibles, do something crafty & creative, and other things like that. It's good to have a positive person in my life to keep me accountable in making good decisions!
Chris and I had a pretty un-eventful Saturday night, just the way we like it. We had dinner at Chic-fil-a and then made a quick Barnes and Noble trip before heading home. While I was at Barnes and Noble, I read through some inspiring fitness magazines so when I got home, I changed into some workout clothes and exercised! Also, when I got home I found this sweet note that my sis had left on my front porch along with the apple and book. Isn't she so thoughtful?!
I also got up early on Sunday and went photo-jogging. Have you ever seen the movie, Yes Man? This girl has a group of joggers that take photos while they run -- I thought it sounded fun! But it didn't really produce that great of pictures for me, ha!
Sunday we had a great sermon at church, and then we headed home for a quick lunch. After lunch, we met Chris's work friends to watch the Hot Rods ballgame. It was a great afternoon for a baseball game, the weather was perfect! Last night we headed back to church for our church elder ordination service. Rich Pond has never had elders before so this was a historical event for our church!
Tonight is Chris's first class of the semester - he is teaching a public speaking course on campus. Have a good class, Professor Nation! :)
Today is the first day of classes on campus so there are students everywhere, the weather is nice and cool, and I have to say that I am really happy that it is starting to feel like fall is almost here! This time of year is the best!
Today is the first day of classes on campus so there are students everywhere, the weather is nice and cool, and I have to say that I am really happy that it is starting to feel like fall is almost here! This time of year is the best!







No comments:
Post a Comment