Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Our Trip to Indy

Beth and I took off bright and early Thursday morning for our 4 hour drive to Indianapolis.




We stopped in Louisville to have lunch at Mark's Feedstore, yum...



And we checked into our hotel before heading to the Pioneer Woman book signing. We were excited for our 2 king-sized beds...


We got to the Kroger right at 4:00pm which was when the signing was supposed to start. We saw the Pioneer Woman herself walking in the front doors while we were parking the car! Little did we know, we wouldn't see her again for.... 5 HOURS!!!


We waited and we waited... outside Kroger...





...and inside the Kroger...



Needless to say, we were not the happiest of campers and neither were the other 1,000 people waiting to get their books signed! Notice how the pictures went from 'excited face' to 'exhausted face'?



But we finally met our girl, P-Dub herself!


Beth and I were really nervous once we got up there.


When I get nervous I get really quiet, and when Beth gets nervous, she can't stop chattering! So here is a snippet of our conversation:

PW: "Hi you guys! So glad you could come!"
Beth: "Yeah we drove all the way from Kentucky to meet you."
PW: "You're from Kentucky? I can tell!"
Beth: "Yeah everyone always tells me I have a country accent."
Me: "...haha, yeah, accent."

Yeah, I couldn't actually formulate complete sentences for some reason. Guess I was star struck!


Day 2 of our trip didn't go as planned because it was very rainy and cold. We were planning to walk around downtown Indy and shop and eat at cute little cafes, but with the disagreeable weather, we decided to just head back down south and stop off at the huge outlet malls we spotted on the drive up! This was a much better idea and we had a great time shopping and hitting up Starbucks on the way home.

Our trip to Indy was not our best sister trip ever, but it was definitely a memorable one! Love to Beth and Pioneer Woman!

3 comments:

Beth Dillard said...

Been waiting to see what you would say! We'll have to give it another go in another city soon!! Love you, Beth

Anonymous said...

so awesome! LOVE PW!

Kaylyn said...

BAHA... I love the excited face to exhausted face!