I have to admit after this past weekend, I am really relaxed and refreshed! Sometimes it seems that weekends go by in the blink of an eye, but this weekend felt surprisingly long. I guess technically it was a little longer than usual since our entire campus shut down at 12:30 on Friday due to the threat of severe storms. When I went home on Friday afternoon, it was sunny and almost 80 degrees, but all of the local (and even national) weather stations were warning of tornadoes in our area. I kept the TV turned onto the weather, but used the time to clean house. I needed to keep myself busy so I didn't just sit there glued to the television and get myself worked up into an unnecessary panic. Although all of the scientific signs were pointing to our town for a tornado, thankfully God had other plans for us. It only ended up raining for about 10 minutes, and then it was over. Praise the Lord!
Friday night, Chris and I went out for dinner at Rafferty's, and then had a yummy dessert at Stak's. Love that frozen yogurt! After dinner, we rented some movies and headed home. I am infamous for falling asleep on Friday nights by 9:00pm, so, to no surprise, I was sleeping soundly 10 minutes into our first movie. I don't think I missed anything good though. We rented J Edgar, and Chris said it was pretty weird!
Saturday morning I fixed us breakfast and we watched our other movie which ended up being really good. We watched Tower Heist with Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy. It's kind of goofy, but we found ourselves giggling quite a bit!
We really didn't do much of anything for the rest of our Saturday. We had a late afternoon lunch at Home Cafe, I did some grocery shopping, and then Chris went out with some of his friends from work while I snuggled up with some FRIENDS dvd's and a bowl of ice cream! :)
Sunday we had a wonderful sermon at church, and we also sang some of my favorite worship songs. After singing the song 'Glorious Day' and hearing a very touching prayer from our preacher, I found myself with tears rolling down my cheeks. Sometimes the gospel just breaks my heart and makes me so full of joy at the same time, I can't help myself but to cry.
After church, we met Chris's parents at Outback and then headed home to see what Lucy was up to. After spending some time with his parents, they headed back up to Louisville, and Chris and I decided to go see a movie. We stopped by Walgreens on the way to pick up some candy, and I was so happy to pick up these seasonal treats (this may have been the highlight of my weekend, ha!)
We watched the new Dr. Seuss movie, The Lorax. It was SO cute! I definitely recommend this movie to kids and adults!
I'm so thankful for weekends like this. Every now and then we all need to have a relaxing weekend to recharge our batteries. Happy Monday, everyone!
Glorious Day
by Casting Crowns
One day when Heaven was filled with His praises
One day when sin was as black as could be
Jesus came forth to be born of a Virgin
Dwelt among men, my example is He
Word became flesh and the light shined among us
His glory revealed
Living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day
One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He
Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree
And took the nails for me
'Cause living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day
One day the grave could conceal Him no longer
One day the stone rolled away from the door
Then He arose, over death He had conquered
Now He's ascended, my Lord evermore
Death could not hold Him
The grave could not keep Him from rising again
Living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day
Glorious day
One day the trumpet will sound for His coming
One day the skies with His glories will shine
Wonderful day, my beloved one bringing
My Savior Jesus is mine
Living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day
Glorious day, oh, glorious day





3 comments:
That sounds like a great weekend!
I had never tasted Cadbury mini eggs until I worked with you... thanks for the addiction ;)
sounds like an awesome weekend!
I can absolutely relate to you about breaking down in church sometimes.
God has worked in my heart & household where we've recently moved churches to get more involved and I've been feeling so touched and emotional week after week of hearing the stories of God's good graces.
He is good, ALWAYS.
XO!
Post a Comment