I heard somewhere that a man's brain is like a waffle and a woman's brain is like spaghetti. Men have a tendency to compartmentalize everything into little boxes {like the boxes on a waffle}. They have a work box, a wife box, and so on and so forth. Women tend to be thinking and doing several different things all at once {like spaghetti noodles all intertwined}. We can be working on a spreadsheet while thinking about paying the water bill and planning dinner and probably thinking a million other thoughts at the same time.
I say all this to say -- that this is going to be a random post, but that is how my spaghetti brain works!
Lately I've really been loving a few Christian artists so I wanted to share them with you - you should definitely check these guys out!
I have loved Meredith Andrews' music for several years but she has a new song out that is really beautiful and touching. It is called Not For a Moment. {by the way, the keyboard player in the video is her husband which is pretty cool I think!}
And every step every breath you are there
Every tear every cry every prayer
In my hurt at my worst
When my world falls down
Not for a moment will You forsake me
Every tear every cry every prayer
In my hurt at my worst
When my world falls down
Not for a moment will You forsake me
Another artist I am loving these days is Colton Dixon {you may remember him from American Idol}. His new single You Are is SO good. It is my new favorite. Well..it's a tie with Meredith Andrew's song! I can't decide! Anyways, you should definitely watch both of these videos and see for yourself. Awesome songs! {fyi - in the video below, Colton is singing with his sister Schyler who you may also remember from American Idol!}
If I had no voice, if I had no tongue
I would dance for You like the rising sun
And when that day comes and I see Your face
I will shout Your endless, glorious praise
I would dance for You like the rising sun
And when that day comes and I see Your face
I will shout Your endless, glorious praise
Okay, so now onto a totally unrelated topic {told you -- spaghetti brain!}. I have somehow gotten myself subscribed to this email/Youtube subscription called Fully Raw Kristina, and it is all about eating a fully raw diet and juicing and exercising and being healthy and all that jazz. Every time I watch one of her videos I am so inspired! I wish I had her self-discipline! Like this morning I watched her latest video {see below} and I was all like "oh man, I am totally not eating anything but fruits and vegetables for the rest of my life and I'm running 7 miles a day...." and then I looked down and realized my oatmeal and coffee was getting cold and I told myself to hush up and eat my breakfast!
Last random topic for today {although it is kind of related to both of the above topics which brings us back to the spaghetti noodle brain being all intertwined -- we've come full circle, people!} -- my sister and I are signing up for some 5K races toward the end of summer. She asked me to plan a trip home in August to do the annual Garden Spot Trot with her. We've done this race together before and it is just a fun little race in our hometown. Since we have done this one before, I told her I would look around to find us a new race up here in Louisville for us to do together. I found an awesome one! It's not just a race, it is an obstacle course with each obstacle designed to reflect scripture. How cool is that?! It is called Revelation Run.
1) The Sheep Gate (Difficulty 2) (Matt 7:13-14)
Runners will jump over 3-5ft walls during this quarter mile run before entering onto the narrow path
2) Swamp of Despond (Difficulty 2) (Psalm 23)
Runners will make their way through swamp-like trenches
3) The Way (Difficulty 3) (John 14:6)
Runners will sprint up and down small hills
4) Mount Sinai (Difficulty 4) (Isiah 40:31)
Runners will sprint/climb up a 100 ft. Hill before turning and “stumbling” down
5) Hard Heart (Difficulty 2) (Ephesians 4:18)
Runners will navigate over log obstacles
6) The Drought (Difficulty 3) (Isiah 58:11)
Runners will low crawl under barbed wire through a sand obstacle
7) Baptist John (Difficulty 2) (Matt 3:11)
Runners will sprint or walk along 100ft of lakefront
Runners will jump over 3-5ft walls during this quarter mile run before entering onto the narrow path
2) Swamp of Despond (Difficulty 2) (Psalm 23)
Runners will make their way through swamp-like trenches
3) The Way (Difficulty 3) (John 14:6)
Runners will sprint up and down small hills
4) Mount Sinai (Difficulty 4) (Isiah 40:31)
Runners will sprint/climb up a 100 ft. Hill before turning and “stumbling” down
5) Hard Heart (Difficulty 2) (Ephesians 4:18)
Runners will navigate over log obstacles
6) The Drought (Difficulty 3) (Isiah 58:11)
Runners will low crawl under barbed wire through a sand obstacle
7) Baptist John (Difficulty 2) (Matt 3:11)
Runners will sprint or walk along 100ft of lakefront
8) Damascus Road (Difficulty 2) (Gal 1:11-12)
Runners will weave through natural obstacles
Runners will weave through natural obstacles
9) Affliction Alley (Difficulty 1) (2 Cor 4:17)
Runners will maneuver through a “tire jungle”
Runners will maneuver through a “tire jungle”
10) Modern Gospel (Difficulty 1) (Gal 6:7-9)
Runners will run up and through an urban setting
Runners will run up and through an urban setting
11) Baptize by Fire “Carry your cross” (Difficulty 3) (Luke 14:27)
Runners will have to carry their “burdens”
12) Persecution Crawl (Difficulty 2) (Hebrews 12:3)
Runners will low crawl through mud and muck
Runners will have to carry their “burdens”
12) Persecution Crawl (Difficulty 2) (Hebrews 12:3)
Runners will low crawl through mud and muck
13) Hill of Vanity (Difficulty 4) (1 Cor 9: 19-27)
Runners will sprint/climb a 60ft hill (rope assistance)
Runners will sprint/climb a 60ft hill (rope assistance)
14) Perseverance Run (Difficulty 2) (Hebrews 12:1-3)
A sprint through the forest (almost there)
A sprint through the forest (almost there)
15) Incorruptible Prize (Difficulty 2) (1 Cor 9:25)
First one across the finish line gets the “Incorruptible Crown”
First one across the finish line gets the “Incorruptible Crown”
This is SO happening! Can't wait!
Okie dokie, that is all for now! Happy Thursday!

No comments:
Post a Comment