Tuesday, August 12, 2014

15 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 15 Weeks
Gender: Will find out in 1 month!
Maternity Clothes: Bought my first maternity shirt @ Target this week!
Weight gain: 12 lbs
Movement: Still no movement - can't wait til that happens!
Sleep: I've been having to make more frequent midnight bathroom trips, and Lucy has been wanting to get up for middle-of-the-night water drinks, but sleep is good besides that. I guess it is good baby practice for me to be up and down all night! 
Symptoms: Morning sickness is finally gone, I do believe! HALLELUJAH! Now all I want to do is EAT, EAT, EAT! 
Cravings: Claussen pickles (I may or may not have stopped at the grocery to get a jar on my way home from work one day and ate 3 of them before I got home!) Cucumbers & ranch dip, chocolate ice cream, PB&Js, and cheese pizza
Best moment this week: Waking up without morning sickness! 

Another great moment this week was going to my cousin's adoption party to officially welcome home their little girl. It was themed with The Wizard of Oz - "There's No Place Like Home". My cousin Kimmy went all out with the decorations, it was so adorable. And I could not be happier to welcome sweet little Haylee into our family! It was a great day!

A not-so-good moment this week was having a total 'crazy pregnant lady' hormonal meltdown. I wanted to fix Chris a good supper last night and was starting to make bean dip like I've made a thousand times before. Well, the beans were just not working with me this week. They would not mash at all. So I decided to just put them in the oven and let them soften up a bit. Well, that didn't work. 
What I ended up with was a disgusting half-cooked bean soup disaster. So what did this pregnant lady do? I sat in the floor and cried. I told Chris, "The beans just wouldn't mash!" through buckets of tears pouring down my face. I mean, it wasn't just a little pouting hissy-fit. It was a full blown, puddles of tears, sob-fest. Chris was very sweet. He patted my head and said, "it's okay" and told Lucy to give her mother some love. Which she did--- she crawled right up in my lap and tried to lick my face! She is so good at knowing when I need some comfort! So anyway, hopefully that is the last of the meltdowns for a while. Let's hope!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm sorry to laugh at you but this story with the beans is hilarious. Thanks for putting a smile on my face today.