Friday, August 15, 2014

Missing Dave

Who is Dave? DAVE RAMSEY, of course! It's been a while since I talked about him on here and for good reason. I have kind of let my Dave Ramseyness take a back seat in my financial life. Don't get me wrong - I haven't gone hog wild with spending or racking up debt or anything. I just haven't gone hog wild on saving and living frivolously either -- like Dave says, "Live like no one else NOW, so you can live like no else else LATER." That's so deep, Dave. That's why I love ya!

So for my upcoming... ahem, 30th (eek!)... birthday, I have a special request from one of you wonderful family members. I would like a new Dave Ramsey wallet. I have gone through 3 in my lifetime and I couldn't tell you where any of them currently are located in my house. So I think it is time for a new one! I really like this red one which you can only buy on Dave's site here.

I think for the most part, Chris and I are smart with our money. We may eat out a little too much and pay too much for rent, but we enjoy a certain level of comfortable living, and I think that is okay since we don't owe huge debts and we have been smart with building up savings. I just know I can do better and live thriftylier...errr..you know what I mean.

I need some Dave back in my life!

1 comment:

Beth said...

We need to bring Dave up more often to keep each other in check. I definitely feel ya when it comes to needing Dave to hollar at me for slacking!!