Happy Friday! I just realized that my postings have been pretty few and far between and they have only been bump updates, so I thought I would try to post something with a little more substance.
Everything has been going really well lately. I've been feeling good and doing a lot of eating and sleeping! Just call me Garfield b/c I have adopted that lazy cat's way of life these days. I'm hoping that my energy picks up now that I'm entering my 2nd trimester and I'll feel like going for more walks or maybe doing some prenatal yoga.
Last weekend I went home for a visit. There were no big plans for the visit, it was just a time I was able to come down and spend some quality time with my family and friends before everyone's schedules get busy with back to school activities. I stayed with Beth Friday night and we picked up some Fazoli's (told you I was Garfield!) and went back to her place and watched While You Were Sleeping. I made it about halfway through the movie before completely conking out on her.
Saturday me and Beth drove down to Franklin and had lunch and went swimming with Tammy, Grace, Nana, Patsy, and Mom. Oh and Grace's boyfriend, Austin was there too. Poor guy with all us gals chatting about baby stuff all day! It was such a fun day. It was the first time I had been in a pool all summer and that cool water felt so good on my little plump belly! We went round and round throwing out baby names. I never realized how easy it was to find 'something wrong' with a name. I have some basic rules that my baby name must follow.
1. It needs to be unique. Not weird. Just not totally common.
2. It can't end in the letter 'N'. With our last name beginning with an 'N', it just doesn't flow well. And do you realize how many cute names end in the letter 'N'? A lot. And they are all off the table!
So needless to say, we are still undecided on the baby name front. Well, let me clarify that. We are undecided on the name if it is a boy. I'm pretty sure we are almost positive about our girl name. And like I said before, I don't care if it is a boy or a girl, I'll be happy either way. But at this point, it would probably make life easier, if it were a girl! Coming up with a boy name is consuming my every thought these days!
I cried 4 times over the weekend. I think my hormones were just getting the best of me because I was so happy to be around my family. My Nana told me that someone told her that they loved reading my blog and that it inspired them....and it made me cry. I'm telling you, if you pay me a compliment or say anything remotely sad or sappy, then this girl is going to break down into tears these days.
Saturday night I went out to dinner with my wonderful girlfriends Alicia, Kacie, Ashley, and Lesslye at Buckhead Cafe. It was soooo great to catch up with my friends. I feel like I haven't seen them in forever! I could barely eat my food b/c I was so excited to talk with them. And that is unusual for me these days!
Sunday after breakfast with my sis (where I ate scrambled eggs and FOUR biscuits and was still hungry) I headed on home to see my hunny and my baby (Chris and Lucy, duh!). Chris is a great dog dad, but I can't help but worry about Lucy when I leave him in charge. Like did he remember to feed her? She was so happy to see me when I got home, I thought she was going to have a seizure, she was freaking out so bad! She makes me feel so loved! (And Chris does too, of course!)
This week has been super busy at work. I coordinated a 3 day long workshop for my department so I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off for the first three days this week. And then yesterday was my boss's 70th birthday so I coordinated a few fun surprises for him and we had a great day celebrating him all day. Now it is finally Friday and it is jeans day at work, and I brought Panera bagels in for everyone and it is just a great day so far. I've only teared up twice today, so I've almost got the hormones back in check.
No comments:
Post a Comment