On Saturday after lunch, we loaded up the car with Amelia & Lucy and headed over to Shelbyville for Amelia's first visit to her grandparents' house. She did really well in the car, after I sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to her for about 10 minutes. She fell asleep and slept the entire way.
We had a nice visit with Nana & Papaw. Chris and I actually got to sit down at the kitchen table and have a real meal for the first time in forever. We've pretty much been living off of takeout and/or not having time to eat at all!
When we were leaving Chris's parent's house, about to pull out of the driveway, his mom ran out of the house carrying Lucy -- BECAUSE WE HAD FORGOT HER. You know the saying, "a baby changes everything".... I would have NEVER believed that we could possibly forget Lucy ever, but we did! We both felt sooooo bad. I think we may have traumatized her for life.
Sunday was spent with the usual errands of grocery shopping and cleaning house. We tried to venture out with Amelia again to take a little cruise. We stopped by Heine Bros to get some chaibergs (yum, so good) for the ride, and Amelia was happy and doing so good.
But as soon as we pulled out of the parking lot, she spit up and started crying and screaming. And the happy little ride was over before it began!
We're going to keep trying to get her out of the house more and more -- it just takes baby steps I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment