So I had just changed her diaper last night and was getting ready to give Amelia her bath. She was laying on the changing table in just her diaper and I was making silly faces and noises to make her smile. Then I started blowing raspberries on her belly...and she did her first actual real person laugh out loud! I could have just died happy right then because it was the cutest little noise I have ever heard, and my goal in life is now to make her laugh as much as possible. I wanted Chris to witness this joyous occasion so I ran into the living room (don't worry -- Amelia was buckled down on the table) in full blown excitement mode - yelling for Chris to hurry up and get in here so he can hear our daughter laugh. And of course....she didn't do it again for the rest of the night. I'm pretty sure I frightened her with my overly enthusiastic reaction to her first laugh. Whoops!
In other news, yesterday was my in-law's wedding anniversary. April 15th has a bad rep with it being tax day (not to mention it is also the day the titanic sank and the day Lincoln was assassinated) BUT in the Nation family it is a special and wonderful day that we celebrate one of the best married couples there ever was. They are truly amazing people & such a blessing to our family. Amelia is a blessed little grandbaby to have them!
No comments:
Post a Comment