On Friday, we told Nana and Papaw that they could take Amelia to their house to babysit while we were at work because we were going to spend the weekend in our country vacation home in Shelbyville.
Coming home from work on Friday to a completely empty house -- no Amelia, no Lucy, no grandparents -- was beyond depressing. I don't even want to know how many calories of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby I consumed while working through my depression waiting for Chris to get home from work.
So Chris finally came home and we headed out to Shelbyville for our weekend at the grandparentals. Amelia and Lucy love to spend time in the country pretending that they are country girls. We all know that Lucy is no country dog. She enjoys her air conditioned couch potato lifestyle much more than running around outside getting exercise in the fresh country air.
For the most part, we were pretty lazy. Eating, sleeping, and a little "golf".
Papaw tries to mold Amelia into a golfer even at 7 months old.
On Sunday, me, Amelia, and Pam went to a wedding shower for one of Chris's cousins. Amelia was stylin' and profilin' if I do say so myself.
I wish this outfit came in MY size!
Well, maybe minus the bow.
Amelia was SOOO good. I have been a little concerned with her social skills as she tends to cling to Mommy anytime we have gone anywhere. But she was not shy at the shower. She smiled and hammed it up and even held hands with her sweet cousin Elise.
We came home Sunday evening without time to do the usual grocery run and errands like fill up my car which was now out of gas. And I had to drive to Indiana Monday morning for an all-day work event where I ended up running around in high heels nonstop and managed to drench myself in water after spilling a big hot pan. And then I had to stop by the grocery on my way home. Needless to say, Monday pretty much slapped me in the face and whooped me real bad. I am so exhausted!
Tuesday hasn't been much better.
Considering I have another event tomorrow, Wednesday isn't looking too hopeful either.
If Thursday doesn't turn things around, I am definitely going to have to invest in a bigger tub of Ben & Jerry's.

No comments:
Post a Comment