Friday night it was cold and drizzly so we stayed home with a pizza from Mellow Mushroom and watched a few episodes of The Blacklist on Netflix. Anyone else watch it? It's pretty good, but I ALWAYS fall asleep when we watch it so Chris has to give me the recap of what happened when I wake up.
Saturday morning I got up early to take Lucy to the groomer. She had to go to a new girl because the last groomer we had (that took months for Lucy to finally warm up to) had the nerve to up and move away to Ohio. How dare she? So I was pretty nervous about Lucy going to someone new. Especially since when they called me after only 30 minutes and said "Lucy will be ready for you to pick up at exactly 9:30am." It was like they were ready to get rid of her as soon as possible! But when I got there, to my delight, I was told that Lucy did great! Phew! What a relief!
Saturday afternoon we headed out with Chris's parents for shopping. Chris is the HARDEST person ever to buy Christmas presents for so we usually go on an annual shopping trip so that he can pick out exactly what he wants. It just makes life easier for everyone!
It was a fun day of shopping, but the only bad part was that after all that walking around, my fingers and toes were SO swollen! I wish I had taken a picture of them...this is a new pregnancy symptom for me that I'm having trouble getting used to!
After shopping we had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory -- I had the MOST yummy veggie burger ever and then we got the banana cream cheesecake for dessert & it was all SO good. Yum.
By the time we got home, my fingers, toes, and ankles were so big, I could not wait to get into my comfies and put my feet up. And sweet little Lucy with her freshly groomed haircut was all about snuggling with her chubby ole momma. She's so sweet.
But seriously, look at that enormous belly. Whoa. And these are what I lovingly refer to as my "fat pants". They're glorious.
Sunday was a very rainy and gloomy day. I don't know how this happens but it ALWAYS rains on days I have to go to the grocery store. Does this happen to anyone else? So I headed out to get our weekly groceries in the rain (boo!) and also to Babies R Us to order our dresser/changing table. I'm so excited for it to come in! Amelia has already got tons of clothes that I can't wait to organize in her new dresser.
This is going to be a fast week with my 30 week check-up tomorrow and then Thanksgiving break. I love this season!
No comments:
Post a Comment