Maybe because I have a highly introverted personality, I tend to always take ample time to THINK before I SPEAK. Truth be told, I probably over think before I speak, and more often than not I just don't even speak at all because I took too long thinking and the opportunity passed where it would have been appropriate to say anything.
All of this to say... lately I have encountered a few individuals who are not practicing the skill of thinking before they speak in relation to my ever-growing and changing ginormous pregnant self.
Here are a few of the gems I've heard lately...
"Is that your "BIG MAMA" coat?"
"Man, it is a trip to see you gaining all that weight!"
And my favorite...
"Wow, you look so different...ya know...in the face."
Seriously, people.
3 comments:
WELCOME TO MY LIFE EMILY!!!!
How tall are you?
How is the weather up there?
Did you play basketball?
Where do you find clothes?
Are you on stilts?
Did you find a husband tall enough?
Honestly, and I mean that in the nicest ways -- you are the "ideal American girl." Blonde and beautiful. But if you are different in any way (tall or PREGNANT) people feel they have to say something.
How about JUST SHUT UP!!!!
Them shut up ... not you!
Oh my gosh Emily! You are so funny! And yes, people say and do the most thoughtless things :)
Post a Comment