Monday, November 3, 2014

Can't Unsee What I Saw

This weekend Chris and I attended an all-day child birth class at the hospital. Based on the title of this post, I think you might have an idea where this is going.

We saw the infamous live birthing video. The vision of the baby crowning is now permanently ingrained on my retinas and into my brain. YOWZER!  I can't tell you how many dreams I had about child birth this weekend.

In all honestly, watching the video was both horrifying and yet completely beautiful at the same time. I (of course) cried seeing the baby being born. Even though it was gross, slimy, and shocking to see...it was such an amazing miracle. Life coming into this world. A precious gift from the Lord. It's truly unbelievable...and I am still beyond blessed and grateful that the Lord chose Chris and I to take on this task of becoming parents.

So besides the information overload of everything from labor, delivery, breastfeeding, and new baby care, we also got to take a tour of the hospital. Seeing where our families will be anxiously awaiting Amelia's arrival in the waiting room got me so excited...I can't wait for the big day!

Another exciting thing we did this weekend was Saturday night we picked up our crib and assembled it in Amelia's nursery! I couldn't believe how much bigger it looked in her room compared to in the store. This thing is huge! All day yesterday Chris and I kept walking into the nursery to admire the crib. We couldn't be happier with it! I can't wait to get it all fixed up with Amelia's pretty pink and white bedding!

This was a pretty big weekend for us! Things are starting to get real in the Nation household!

Happy Monday!

No comments: