Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pregnant Girl Problems

The last thing in the world I want to do is complain about being pregnant. I feel extremely blessed and grateful to be growing a sweet little baby in my belly and cannot begin to say enough about how wonderful it is to be pregnant.

Now that being said...

I've had some issues lately. Some pregnant girl problems. Please, don't panic! They are all very superficial. But still...not the funnest.

1. Fat girl in a little coat. I absolutely cannot button down past the top two buttons.


I need to get a new winter coat ASAP. I mean, this is hysterical to me.

2. How can I put this delicately? I'm a total snot factory. No, that's not it.  Let's just say that I should buy stock in Kleenex because I go through about 2 boxes a week. Who knew this was a pregnancy symptom? Not me!

3. Following up on the stuffy nose problem, this lack of being able to breathe thing I have going on has caused some minor complications in the sleep department. Apparently, according to my hubby dearest, I have begun snoring "like a freight train". So basically I spend most of the night alternating between sneezing, blowing my nose, and then when I finally get that sweet relief of falling asleep I am sawing logs like a lumberjack.  This causes Chris to lovingly nudge me until the incessant log-sawing stops. To solve this dilemma, we've made separate sleeping arrangements in other rooms of the apartment. I'll be so glad when this symptom is over. Ugggh.

4. I have the stamina and endurance of a sloth. I was forced to park on the 4th floor of the parking garage yesterday and made the mistake of taking the stairs instead of the elevator. By the time I made it to the top, I was huffing and puffing so hard and my legs were burning so badly that it did not even compare to how I felt after running the half marathon. Labor may be a little more troubling for me than I imagined.

5. Hello, my name is Emily and I am a GRUMP. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones, the nasal congestion that is about to drive me batty, the insomnia, or what...but I have recently found myself with a little more of an attitude. Now in all honesty, you will probably NEVER encounter me being grumpy to you (unless you are my husband, in which case...sorry, dear!). I just don't think I have it in me to be truly unpleasant or rude to people. But I will admit (because apparently I'm letting it all hang out today) that internally, my mind has been spouting off some pretty snappy comments lately. My usual glass-half-full attitude has taken a vacation and desperately needs to come back to me! I don't like being a grump. Not one bit.

Okay that's enough of the pregnancy girl problems. One of the perks I am pretty happy about is that I have started to look even more like my cousin Grace than I used to. My cheeks have got that pregnancy glow to them (or so I'm told) and it makes me resemble Grace with her adorable baby cheeks (that I used to have when I was her age too!).


Could we be twins or what? I mean, really. Love that girl!

2 comments:

Beth said...

You ARE hysterical! I wish you the best in the breathing and attitude department but I have been laughing right along with you or at you when you blog stuff like this!! Love you sis!!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I had absolutely horrible pregnancies. My third one I dry heaved for forty weeks!! It is ok to say it is hard. It is!!