What a WONDERFULLY busy weekend! I am so exhausted but I'm not complaining! Saturday, Chris and I loaded up in his parent's truck and headed down to Franklin for our first baby shower. I couldn't wait to see everyone!
The baby shower was SO cute!
.JPG) |
| Could this cupcake stroller BE any cuter? |
.JPG) |
| I loved the snowman diaper cake! I snapped this before most of the guests had arrived - I should have taken another afterwards. We were blessed with SO many wonderful generous gifts. Amelia is such a lucky girl! |
.JPG) |
| I loved the "Baby, it's cold outside" theme! So clever! |
.JPG) |
| Me with the lovely hostesses! I love these girls SO much. |
.JPG) |
| My wonderful family - I am always filled with so much happiness when I get to spend time with the people I love. |
.JPG) |
| Patsy - my 2nd grandmother! She's such a sweetheart. |
.JPG) |
| The Nation's! I am so blessed to be a part of this family. |
 |
| We tried our best to get Amelia to wake up and give Grace a little kick, but she must have been sleeping too happily. Grace is so excited to meet her new cousin. It warms my heart to know that Amelia is already SO loved. |
I completely failed to get any pictures of my awesome friends and other family members that came down for the shower, but I was so happy to see everyone. I feel like I actually got to spend good quality time talking with each person that was there. I love Louisville and am very happy with the life that Chris and I have created up here, but I have to admit that I miss my friends and family so much. Nothing makes me happier than getting to spend time with the people I love (yeah, I know I already said that...but it's true!).
Overall, my baby shower was completely perfect and wonderful and blessed. The only person missing was my sister, who unfortunately couldn't be there. Ryder's grandfather (his dad's dad) has been battling cancer for about a year now, and over the past week he took a turn for the worse. Beth knew that it was more important for her and Ryder to be with him on Saturday and say their final goodbyes instead of being at the shower, and I completely understood and wish more than anything that I could have been there for her and Ryder. His grandpa passed away yesterday morning, and Beth & Ryder have peace knowing that they got to say goodbye and that they know that he is in a better place and out of pain.
Chris and I stayed busy yesterday trying to organize all of Amelia's new goodies. Now that her crib and dresser are set up, the room actually looks like a nursery! And we were able to keep a full-size bed in the room, so the nursery can also serve as our guest bedroom when we have guests. We are in the process of washing all of the sweet baby clothes and putting them away by size, and we have several last minute touches to add to really make it cozy for our baby girl. Once it is all done, I can't wait to share some pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment