Is it really already December? That means only 2 more months until Amelia gets here! 9 weeks from tomorrow! That is just craziness!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving break. We take turns rotating where we spend Thanksgiving, and this year it was our turn to spend Thanksgiving with Chris's family. We usually all go over to Chris's parent's house, but this year we tried something different. His uncle just built a big nice storage building complete with a full kitchen and bathroom, so it was decided to try out having Thanksgiving there instead.
There was SO much food and I ate waayyy too much of it! I brought my usual Thanksgiving staples: hashbrown casserole and fruit tea. They were a hit! The fruit tea went over especially well, so I thought I would share the recipe!
Fruit Tea
Brew 1 gallon of iced tea.
Add 2 cups sugar (I usually use less but this is what the original recipe calls for.).
Add 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate.
Add 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate.
Add 1 can pineapple juice.
Chill and serve. Yum.
After we ate and spent time with the family, Chris and I headed to his parents house for the night. We curled up with a blanket and little Miss Lucy and watched a movie and ate leftovers. It was wonderfully relaxing!
Most of Friday and Saturday were a continual rotation of eating and sleeping - we were SO lazy! It was awesome! Saturday night we ventured out and met up with the Kirby family for dinner at Mellow Mushroom - they were up here for the UK vs UofL football game. I was so glad I got to see some of my family over the Thanksgiving break too!
Sunday we went to church, grabbed lunch and ate at home, then I headed out to the grocery store. I lucked out and it actually didn't rain on me this week! It was such a lazy and relaxing break - it is hard to get back to reality today!
No comments:
Post a Comment