Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The New Girl in Town

Now that Amelia is getting ready to make her arrival, it is becoming very clear to me that I am no longer going to be the one people care about -- it is all about our baby girl! (And I wouldn't want it any other way!)

Examples of this:

-Leaving the baby shower on Saturday, both Grace and my aunt Tammy rubbed my belly and said bye to Amelia, but forgot to give me a hug and say bye to me. Hello, girls! I'm still here! :)

-My boss has stopped asking me how MY weekend was, and only asks how Amelia's weekend was and how she is doing. He has been a pediatrician for over 40 years, so I can understand that he cares more about the kid than the adult!

I guess I better get used to being old news, and get ready for the spotlight to be on the new girl in town! I love it & I can't wait for Amelia to be loved on by everyone!

Pregnancy update:

As of today, I'm really starting to swell -- fingers, toes, and even my lips!

Someone dropped another lovely gem of a pregnancy comment on me earlier today, "You are finally starting to look pregnant in the face."  Gee, thanks for telling me.

Also, sleep is becoming very restless. Even though my body is SO exhausted, I can't seem to really stay in a deep sleep all night long. I wake up constantly and by the time 4:00 AM rolls around, it's almost difficult to stay in the bed because I'm so restless.

Wrapping Christmas presents. Let's just say, it's not as much fun as it used to be. My ginormous belly is really getting of the way! I may be using a lot more gift bags than usual this year!

Only 8 weeks to go!

No comments: