Monday, December 22, 2014

Tis the Season

Tis the season to be merry ... or is it tis the season to be BUSY?! This weekend was full of a lot of hustle and bustle but I tried my best to stay merry & not too busy.

Friday night Chris shocked me by asking for chick fil a for dinner. To say I was excited would be an understatement! We probably haven't enjoyed chick fil a together for over a year and a half! The only downside was that it took me almost TWO HOURS to get from my work to chick fil a to home on Friday night...traffic was SO bad!

Anticipating a weekend of bad traffic, I told Chris I wanted to head out super early Saturday morning to finish up Christmas shopping. I got up at 7:30 and was out the door by 8:00! I made a quick Starbucks stop, had my Christmas music playing, and to top it all off it started snowing! I was feeling quite jolly on this little shopping trip! And I managed to get everything marked off my list and was back home in bed by 10:00! Sweet!

Oh and I totally did all of my Christmas shopping wearing these house slippers. I'm also wearing them at work today. Perks of being a pregnant lady....getting away with wearing house slippers all the time!


After a quick power nap, I spent some time lounging by the Christmas tree and watching one of my favorite shows that I had DVR'd - The Sing Off! LOVE that show so much! Nana called me while I was watching it and caught me in a moment where I had broken down crying (of course!) because a group on the show was a group of women who sang at maximum security prisons. It was so inspirational! And trust me, I always cry watching this show, so I'm 50% sure it wasn't just the pregnancy hormones. But nevertheless, Nana got a good chuckle out my sappy self!

The rest of Saturday was spent pretty lazily (is that a word?)...just hanging out with Chris and Lucy. Sunday was Chris's turn to go shopping so I kept getting texts from him asking me what I wanted. He's actually a really good gift giver, but for some reason this year he had no clue what to get me...so who knows what I'm going to end up with!



I felt pretty productive yesterday because I got ALL of my presents wrapped and sort of halfway got our house looking organized again. Lately, it's been feeling like a cluttered disaster! And as soon as I was feeling good about myself for clearing out all of the Christmas clutter, Chris comes home and dumps all of his loot from shopping in the middle of the floor. Sigh...

One of the bags he dropped off was from the pet store and had all of Lucy's goodies in it. She knew it was for her and spent a good 30 minutes posted up in front of the tree staring at us with those puppy dog eyes and growling quietly. It was so funny...she is one spoiled pup!


Hope you all are having a fun and joyful holiday season! I can't believe Christmas is only 3 days away!

No comments: