Thursday, December 18, 2014

Just for Giggles

Just thought I would share a random assortment of things going on in my life right now...just for giggles!

-Because of the swelling in my feet and ankles, I've started using an ergonomic footrest under my desk at work. This causes me to sit further back from my computer screen while I lean back and rest comfy....sitting further back has caused the words on my computer screen to become VERY BLURRY. I changed my resolution to 150% and officially feel like an old lady. Quick, somebody grab me my reading specs and some Depends!

-No seriously...I may need to invest in some Depends before this pregnancy is over. Without going into too much detail, let me just say that no one ever informed me that I would lose control of certain bodily functions during the course of pregnancy. WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS? Unfortunately, I've had to learn this lesson the hard way in the unfortunate events of 2 major sneeze attacks. Oh my gosh...

-In a case of pregnancy brain, I completely forgot to put on any eye makeup this morning and now I'm feeling like this. Anyone know the feeling?



-Update: my boss (who is a doctor...) just informed me that my eyes are changing during pregnancy...something about fluid or something or other... and that my body is not my own right now. OH yes, I get that. Basically, if there is a pregnancy symptom....I have had it.

-Speaking of symptoms, I've discovered that I only have heartburn at night if I am laying completely horizontal. As long as I prop pillows up and keep my upper half elevated, I can avoid heartburn. This only has caused difficulty as of recently when I'm also trying to keep my feet elevated to help the swelling go down. So between me trying to spoon my Snoogle, keep my feet elevated, and prop my top half up, finding a comfortable sleeping position has become somewhat of a mission impossible.

As always, I'm not complaining! Just documenting this pregnancy with as much honesty as possible! 

2 comments:

kaciemiller said...

Oh my child. Apparently we need to have a chat about bodily functions because trust me this will be the first of many to come over the next few months. ;)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

The bladder thing doesn't happen to everyone. I never got it ...

During infertility treatments and then pregnancy, I lost the ability to wear contacts forever!

Nexium helped with my heartburn.

(from your former teacher/coach who is basically allergic to pregnancy.)