Monday, November 7, 2011

Ashley's Baby Shower

Chris and I had a wonderful weekend! It was just what we needed after a busy week. Friday night we went out to dinner at The Bistro and then came home to watch movies and relax. Perfect kind of Friday night! Saturday I had a quick errand to run at Jackson's Orchard in the morning, so Chris went in to work while I ran out there.

During my country drive out to the orchard, I had a moment of peace where I counted my blessings. The sky was a beautiful clear blue, the sun was shining, and I was cruising along on a gorgeous country road lined with trees that were changing the most amazing shades of autumn colors. And I sincerely felt the Lord's presence with me. There are many things that I could think about that I wish were better in my life or are far from perfect, but at that moment in time all I wanted to do was give thanks for all of the wonderful blessings in my life.

After that, I met Chris for lunch at Home Cafe, and then he treated me to a matinee movie, Puss in Boots. Yes, you heard me right. We watched the kid-friendly movie at the kid-friendly time of 2:00, and as you can imagine, the theater was crawling with kids! And we were the only people there without a kid (or 2 or 7) with us! It was a pretty cute movie, but I admit I was a little disappointed with some of the adult humor in it. I mean, hello, I watch these kind of movies to avoid that kind of thing!

After the movie we came home and did some house and yard stuff and I worked on a few projects to get ready for Ashley's shower. Then we went to dinner at Garcia's and had a quick Barnes and Nobles date. Perfect kind of Saturday night!

Sunday we went to church and had the Lord's Supper. Communion is always a very special service at Rich Pond, and this was a great way to start our morning, focusing on the cross. After church, we had lunch at Montana Grille and then it was time for me to head to Lesslye's to get ready for Ashley's shower. (Finally - the point of this post!)

Here are a few pictures of the decorations. We used an alphabet theme and tried to incorporate some pumpkins since it is fall.

Bronx Pumpkins with "Baby" Pumpkins

The food table with diaper cake

The favors - initialized mugs courtesy of Carie

Plates, Napkins, & Forks

"B" is for Bronx water bottles

We had the most perfect weather to eat outside

The wreath courtesy of Hannah 

Alicia, the barista, making Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Guest of Honor opening presents

Painting blocks for Bronx's room
We had a great time showering Ashley with lots of love! She is a great friend and she will be an amazing mommy! I am so excited to meet little Bronx and shower him with love too!

No comments: