Last night, I was home by myself because Chris was teaching night class, and even though I had lots and lots of candy, I had talked myself out of passing out candy to trick-or-treaters. I thought it would be too difficult to pass out candy while holding back Lucy, and I just didn't think I would enjoy it as much since I was home by myself. So I heated up some Rotel dip & decided to stay inside!
But then...I heard some little kid voices outside, so I peeked out the front window and saw tons of adorable little trick-or-treaters walking around on the sidewalks. I got really sad that I wasn't participating in all the fun, and I felt like it just wasn't right that I was hoarding all this yummy candy! And then, even though my front porch light wasn't on, my doorbell rang!
I grabbed Lucy in one hand & my big bowl of candy in the other and answered the door. There was a huge group of kids walking away (I guess they figured I wasn't home) but then one of them turned around and said, "She's home!" & they all came running up and dug into the candy!
I can't tell you how happy that it made me to give out candy for the rest of the night! It was so much fun! And I must have had about 50 trick-or-treaters! Lucy ended up behaving pretty well for the most part -- I don't think she knew what to think of all those witches and monsters ringing our doorbell!
We had a great Halloween & I hope you did too! I can't believe today is the first of November! This year is flying by!



1 comment:
Thanks for commenting on my blog earlier, I was hoping Jaclyn would post something good. :) Love reading your blog, and Lucy is the cutest!
Post a Comment