Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Friends & Family Weekend

This post is a little late, but I had such a fun weekend filled with lots of family and friends! Saturday, my family had a Girl's Day Out (well, it was all girls except for Ryder, but he didn't seem to mind!). This past week was my aunt Tammy's and my mom's birthdays so we all got together for lunch at Rafferty's to celebrate. It was me, Beth, Mom, Ryder, Tammy, Grace, Nana, and Patsy. Tammy took a group picture but I didn't -- sorry!

After lunch, we all headed to the mall for an afternoon of shopping. It was a blast, but me and Grace got exhausted after a while and had to take a break on one of the benches!


Then she and Ryder decided to ride the merry-go-round.


And Ryder wanted to go see Santa - he was so excited!


After shopping, I had to quickly run to the grocery store and get home to start cooking dinner because we were expecting guests. Alicia and Travis came over and we had dinner and played a really fun game. It's called Telestrations.


It's like the game telephone where you whisper something to the person next to you, they pass it on to the next person, and so on, until it reaches the last person who says it out loud. But with Telestrations, instead of whispering to the next person, you have to draw the saying and show it to the person beside you - and they have to draw it to the person next to them, and so on. Even with just 4 people, we managed to severely mess up every phrase we tried, but it was SO fun!

For example, Alicia would draw "iPhone" (a picture of an eye and a telephone), and then Travis would draw an eye and a phone with an apple on it, but I misinterpreted the apple as a piece of candy so I thought the phrase was "eye candy". So the picture I drew to show Chris was totally wrong, and he interpreted the phrase as "apple of my eye". From iPhone to Apple of My Eye -- we were WAY off! But it was hilarious! You should definitely play this sometime!

Sunday, Chris's parents came down and met us for lunch and then visited with us and Lucy. His mom brought me a really cute ornament for our tree and now I can't wait to put my tree up. I've officially caught the spirit! But I'm waiting to put up our tree until after Thanksgiving - I want to enjoy one holiday before moving on to the next. I'm so excited for the rest of this week. Here are some of the things I've got lined up:

-Lunch and shopping with my mom & sister
-Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade
-Thanksgiving Dinner
-Happy Feet 2 with Grace
-Shopping on Black Friday with Grace
-Putting up the Christmas tree
-Going to Opryland Hotel to see the decorations with Chris's family

I feel so blessed to have so many things to look forward to this week. I'm incredibly THANKFUL for the many blessings in my life - my husband, my family, my friends, and most of all I'm thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. God bless you and your family this Thanksgiving!

No comments: