Friday, November 4, 2011

Home Alone

Happy Friday!! I am soooo glad this week is over and it is gearing up to be the weekend! I'm leaving early today to run some errands so my weekend gets to start extra early, woo hoo! This week Chris has had to work late every day because his company is launching a new web site & they are trying to meet the deadline, so me and old Lucy girl have been home alone and had to find ways to keep ourselves entertained.

Which of course involves taking many self-portraits. Isn't Lucy so photogenic? :)
Last night before I came home, I stopped by the library and rented some movies (they are FREE and they have a better selection than most movie stores!). I ended up with a season of Home Improvement, a season of Grey's Anatomy, and Home Alone (haha). Excellent choices in my opinion!

So Lucy and I curled up on the couch and watched several episodes of Grey's while I put a kielbasa in the crock pot. Have you ever had that? Someone at work brought it for October food day last month and it was so good! She said all she did was take a kielbasa and slice it up, throw it in the crock pot, add a little brown sugar, cook for 2 hours, and voila!


It was really good! I just made myself a little plate of kielbasa, crackers, and pickles and it was perfect for a small dinner for 1! :) Chris surprised me by eating some when he got home - when he saw it in the refrigerator earlier in the week he thought it looked really gross! I love when a new recipe is a success for my picky eater hubby!


This weekend I hope to have a lot of quality time with Chris since I didn't get to see him much this week. Maybe I can convince him to go see Puss In Boots! That looks really cute! Also this weekend I'm helping to host a baby shower for my friend Ashley. I've got to do lots of last minute things to get ready before Sunday, but I am excited to see it all come together!

Hope you have a happy Friday and a great weekend! Enjoy that extra hour of sleep!

No comments: