Friday, July 27, 2012

It's Friday!

Yay for Friday! We only have to work half a day today, and then I'm excited to go work out with my friend from work. I've had something going on every night this week so I haven't been to the gym since Monday and I've been missing it. After the gym, I have to take Lucy to the groomer because this morning she broke a nail. That totally makes my dog sound like Miss Priss (which she is) but she broke it pretty badly and even started bleeding a little, so I want to let the groomer cut the rest of the nail off so that she doesn't snag the broken nail on anything and hurt herself. She was all distraught this morning when I left for work. Can't you tell?


My best friend Alicia shared some AMAZING news this week, but if you want to know what it is you'll have to check her blog for when she makes her announcement! {Unless you are her friend on Facebook and then you already know her big news!}

My sweet sister sent an email out to all of my book club girls this morning telling us about her mission to read 50 classic literature books and challenging us to do the same. She got the idea from a bookmark at Barnes & Noble. I think this is a fabulous idea!


Of the 50 books listed, so far I've only read:
-Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
-The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
-The Bible (I've read most of it, I can't say I've read it entirely cover to cover)

Guess I've got a long way to go! My husband (who majored in English Lit) will absolutely love this idea. He already has practically all of these books on our bookshelves at home! He is always encouraging me to read one of his "good" books instead of the latest Nicholas Sparks or Jodi Picoult.

Tonight we'll be staying home to watch the opening ceremonies, and I can't wait! I'm extra excited this year because we have 3 people competing who are representing WKU {my alma mater & where I work now!}. Go WKU & USA!!!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

The Sweetest Thing said...

I guess its time I read Price and Prejudice! I don't know how I have not read it - with AP english in school we were required to read most of those!