This week is flying by! Work is busy and life in general just seems to be moving at a fast pace! I'm very much looking forward to our vacation when hopefully things will slow down for a week.
Just a quick update on what's been going on - my mom's dog, Otie, got really sick a few days ago. He wouldn't eat or drink anything and was just laying around pitiful, so she took him to the vet. He ended up having some fluid on his heart which he had to have surgery on to have it drained, and thankfully he is much better now! I felt so bad for her when he was sick - she's had him about the same amount of time that I've had Lucy and I can't imagine how worried I would be if Lucy was sick like that. Our dogs are like our kids! So glad that Otie is getting back to his normal self.
Me, Lesslye (and Rowdy), and Ashley headed to Franklin last night to have dinner at Alicia's. We had so much fun! It's so nice to just share a nice meal and talk to great friends. The food was good, but the company was great! Alicia made us some shrimp and Red Lobster biscuits which were delicious. I brought a frozen strawberries and cream dessert that I found here. It was pretty tasty!
Although time is flying by these days, I hope I am always able to stop and count my blessings - I'm so thankful for my sweet husband, wonderful friends & family, busy and fun job, and amazing Savior. God is so good!
Happy Wednesday!



3 comments:
Poor Otie! It's so true how dogs become family members :)
Glad the dog is okay! Sounds like you had a great night last night as well- the strawberry dessert looks pretty fabulous.
That strawberry cream dessert looks SO good. I need to try making that!
Post a Comment