Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Highlights

We had a nice weekend of movie watching & eating out - aren't we so predictable? :) Friday I had lunch with one of my good friends Amanda at Buckhead, which was long overdue. I just love that girl & it was so great to catch up on each other's lives. Saturday morning I got up early and went to the gym, and I learned that very few other people have that same idea on Saturday mornings. I practically had the entire place to myself!

I came home from the gym and started getting ready for the day, and Chris snapped this picture of Lucy. Does anyone else's furry friend always lay on their clothes?


Granted, I should probably do a better job of hanging up my clothes or putting them in the hamper, but Lucy has a radar for any time a piece of my clothing is laying on the bed. She always buries herself right in the middle of it! Silly girl.

So, me and the hubby went out to Home Cafe for lunch -- it's basically become our go to place for Saturday lunch. It is so yummy! I don't know how they make their chicken salad, but it tastes like it has raisins and cinnamon in it. So good!

Saturday afternoon, we caught a matinee of the new Batman movie. I have to admit, I was a little bit anxious about going to see this movie after the horrible events that took place at the premiere. But, the movie was pretty good & I would recommend it. However, I think I'll probably stick to seeing Disney and Pixar flicks in the theater from now on!

Sunday morning, we heard a great sermon from Brother Steve, and then met Chris's parents for lunch at O Charley's. Yesterday afternoon I went back to the gym and then ran some errands while Chris did some cleaning (good hubby!!). I'm embarrassed to admit that while my husband went to church last night like a good little Christian, I stayed home to indulge in the 2 hour finale of The Bachelorette (bad wifey!!). But I was so glad to see how it turned out! Yay Jef & Emily!

I've got some fun things planned this week with friends -- tomorrow night me, Lesslye, and Ashley are heading to Alicia's for dinner, yay, can't wait! And then Wednesday me and Alicia are meeting our friend Kacie for some fro yo (yessss!) and to catch up on each other's lives. I'm so thankful for good friends who take time out of their busy lives to spend a few hours together. Love ya girls!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

jes @ twosmuppies said...

sharks definitely likes to sit on top of my clothes. its the weirdest thing. especially warm clothes straight out of the dryer!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

haha. Oh Lucy. Sherman would probably love to lay in a pile of clothes, but my piles are usually on my bed and he never gets on the bed. I would leave them on the floor for him, but I will not risk the chance of a spider crawling under there. I HATE spiders. Just FYI. :)