Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Just a Few Things

I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a LONG time. It was great! I bounced around and spent some time on the bike, elliptical, and the treadmill -- and to my complete surprise today, I'm not totally sore! I also talked one of my friends at work to join the gym and I'm excited to have a new workout buddy! Now I just need to buy this pillow to help keep me off the couch and going to the gym!

So let's talk Bachelorette. Even though I was rooting for Sean, I kind of had the feeling that he was going home last night. Emily just seems to have more chemistry with the other 2 guys. So now I guess in the finale I'm rooting for Jef. What about you? Arie or Jef?


Me and the hubby have made plans for an end of summer vacation with his parents. I'm excited to spend some time on the beach and relax! I'm looking forward to a lot of beach reading, ocean dipping, and seafood eating!


Speaking of reading, I'm currently trying to read 3 books at the same time. Does anyone else do that? Get so excited about different books that you can't just focus on one at a time? Anyway, so here are the two that I'm trying to focus on the most.

The Story -- It is the Bible written in the form of a story. It's a really cool way to read the Bible!


What Women Fear by Angie Smith -- My friend Kaylyn let me borrow this book. I loved Angie's first book, I Will Carry You. She is a great author and makes you feel like you know her when you read her words. She's very honest and real!


Now the other book I'm reading is one of those quick fun reads that I should probably try to put down until I finish one of the other ones, but I can't help it!


Goodnight, Nobody by Jennifer Weiner -- Our book club read one of her books a while back and I liked it, so I thought I would try another one. So far, so good!

PS to all my book club girls -- I MISS BOOK CLUB! It's been too long! Ashley, I think it's your turn. :)

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of the book The Story, I am definitely going to have to read it!

Alicia said...

i miss bookclub too! We need to get that going again!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

I'm so glad that you were able to "bounce around" at the gym. you are too cute. and obviously hard core.