Monday, July 2, 2012

Heat Wave

Despite the heat wave, we had a good weekend. Friday night we hit up our favorite Mexican restaurant, Garcia's and then headed home to watch movies and enjoy the nice cool air conditioning! Saturday morning I took little Miss Lucy down to Franklin for her annual check-up at the vet. She was so excited for the car ride, but once we pulled in the parking lot to the vet's office she realized what we were doing and started shaking like a leaf! Poor thing! But she was a trooper & did such a good job! She didn't growl, bite, or freak out at all! I think she was kind of scared frozen so she just stood there on the table unable to move!


After the vet, me and Lucy visited with Nana for a little while and then headed back to Bowling Green to have lunch with Chris. We spent a little time after lunch reading at Barnes & Noble and then we hung out at home for the afternoon. It was just too hot to do anything but stay indoors! Sunday we went to church, had lunch with Chris's parents, and had a late afternoon Starbucks date.


We sang some of my favorite songs at church yesterday. Here are a few of my favorite lines:

From 'The Desert Song'
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

From 'All I have is Christ'

And I beheld God’s love displayed
You suffered in my place
You bore the wrath reserved for me
Now all I know is grace.


Hallelujah! All I have is Christ
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

What a good picture of Lucy!

Glad you're still reading the book :)