We had another great weekend. It was one of those weekends with nothing on the calendar, but plenty on the to do list. So I did a lot of cleaning and laundry, but also a lot of lounging and cuddling! Friday night we stayed home and I made a BBQ chicken pizza for us and we kind of did our own thing. He played video games while I took a long bubble bath - both of our ideas of relaxing!
Saturday I got up early and made us chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast (perfect with my coffee w/pumpkin spice creamer!) and then cleaned house. We had a late lunch at Home Cafe (where else would we go?) and then saw a matinee of Alex Cross. It was really good! Before heading home, we stopped by Gander Mountain. It's that time of year where we're giving each other ideas for Christmas presents so we walked around Gander Mountain and showed each other things we liked.
Saturday night I made a late night (7pm) grocery trip. It's very unusual for me to do my grocery shopping at night, but I just wanted to get it out of the way so I could have Sunday afternoon to lounge! Sunday morning we went to church and then met Chris's parents for lunch at Rafferty's. Sunday afternoon we were very lazy and just snuggled up on the couch and both fell asleep watching TV!
After our wonderful nap, I made us a little snack from a recipe I found online. It was called Muddy Buddies, but Chris changed the name to Monster Mash (which I thought was cute!) Here's the recipe if you want to try it -- but warning, it's very addicting!!
Monster Mash (aka Muddy Buddies)
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:15 min
Makes:18 servings (1/2 cup each)
Ingredients:
9 cups Rice Chex®, Corn Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
1 Serving: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 16g); Protein 3g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

1 comment:
oh my gosh I'm obsessed with Muddy Buddies, I haven't made them forever, but after seeing this I'm going to!
Post a Comment