Chris and I had a great weekend visiting the in-laws in Louisville. Since I haven't blogged in over a week (sorry!), I really owe you guys a full week and weekend recap, but sadly, there isn't much to report. Chris and I both had super busy weeks at work, and almost every night we came home, had dinner, and then just went to bed early! I hope this week slows down for us both!
Friday night we drove up to Louisville after work, had some dinner, chatted with Chris's parents, and then crashed pretty early. Saturday, I stayed at the house with Chris's mom and Lucy while the guys went to the shooting range. They had a lot of fun practicing shooting at the targets -- and Chris is a really good shot! Saturday evening we went to church at Southeast Christian Church, and we got there early enough to sit down and have some cookies and coffee and browse around their cute gift shop. They have all of their Christmas decorations out, and I may have officially switched into Christmas mode over the weekend! They even have burlap garland -- oh my! I'm in love! I didn't buy any, but don't be surprised if you see me trying to recreate my own DIY burlap decor on my tree this year!
Sunday morning we had some time to kill before lunch so we watched a little bit of Chris's dad's Andy Stanley DVD's. Chris bought him the Andy Stanley series 'Guardrails' for his birthday. If you don't know who he is, he is Charles Stanley's son. Andy is also a preacher, but he has a different style than his dad. I would call it more of a 'life-application' style of preaching. I really enjoyed watching the little bit that we did, and I'm excited to borrow the DVD when Chris's dad is finished watching it. One of the topics we heard him preach about yesterday was money. His message really resonated with me! (I know, I know -- you are tired of hearing me preach about money, but I can't help it!) I'll just share one little tidbit that stuck out to me the most. Andy preached this philosophy -- Give. Save. Live. He encourages us to give 10%, save 10%, and then live off of the remaining 80%. I think this is an excellent philosophy -- and one that I needed to hear!
After we had lunch with his parents, we headed home to do our usual weekend 'to do list' like grocery shopping and laundry. We also watched the movie Catch Me If You Can on TV and it was really good! I love movies that are based on true stories! Now it's back to another busy work week. Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment