Although I've discovered several wonderful blogs over the years, I've read a small handful of blogs since the very beginning of my introduction to blogs. These were the first blogs I started reading several years ago that eventually made me want to start a blog of my own. The first was Kelly's Korner. I think everyone reads her blog. She is just a precious daughter of Christ, and you can't help but love reading what she has to say each day. From Kelly's blog, I discovered a few more that I continue to follow until this day. Betsy Maddox, Ashley's Avenue, and Jennifer Francis. The Francis Family blog led me to discover Julee Turner's blog. Julee was the most similar to me as she was married to a wonderful Christian man, they had no children yet, and they were totally obsessed with their dog. Sound familiar?
I'm writing about Julee today because yesterday I read on Kelly's blog that Julee's husband died in a car accident. I don't know these people in real life - just this crazy blog world that makes us feel like we know people that we really don't. But I am just heartbroken for her. Julee and her husband struggled with infertility for several years, and then finally, by the grace of God, they were blessed with a beautiful little girl, Preslee Bell, last November. She is not even a year old yet, and has now lost her father.
I can't imagine how devastated she must be right now. Her world is turned upside down. I just wanted to ask, even though you don't know her, please pray for her. I'm sure they can use all the prayers they can get right now. Prayer is a wonderful and powerful gift. We have a great God with a great plan for all of our lives. I'm sure this wasn't Julee's plan, but I'm sure that God will use it for His greater good.
Thank you for praying for this family. I encourage you to read Julee's blog today -- she posted a little about what she is going through. A lot of us only know each other through the glimpses of life we portray on these blogs, but we are all brothers and sisters in Christ, and our sister is hurting and could really use your prayers. Thank you.
1 comment:
I jumped over to add my prayers. A reminder of how this life, truly is, but a vapor.
Post a Comment