Monday, May 16, 2016

A whole lot of nothing going on...

This weekend was basically non-eventful, but I am going to do my very best to share the details in an interesting enough way that you don't land headfirst into your breakfast by falling asleep.

Here goes...Friday after work I got home and rearranged the living room to make room for our new couch that we bought from Nana. She is doing some renovating to her house and getting rid of all of her furniture so I was the lucky recipient of her nice brown leather couch. Aunt Melissa and Uncle Tom stopped by so that Tom could help Chris and his dad bring the couch upstairs.

Did I take a picture of the new couch? No, because I am an awesome blogger like that. I did however take a picture of me sitting on the couch drinking Saturday morning coffee to send to Nana.


My motivation for sending her this picture was to see if she would send me one back of her sitting in her living room drinking coffee too... because while the renovations are underway and all of her furniture has been sold, she and Grandpa John are sitting in lawn chairs in their living room, redneck-style and I want photographic evidence of this. Nana is the most un-redneck person I know and to visualize her and John sitting in indoor lawn chairs just cracks me up.

So Saturday morning me and Amelia watched 87 episodes of Elmo (or more like the same episode 87 times), I ran out and dropped Lucy off at the groomer, grabbed us lunch at Cake Flour bakery, brought it home, and then turned back around to go pick Lucy up from the groomer. By the time I got back home to drop her off, I was ready for a little "me" time.

I told Chris that I spend every minute of every day taking care of other people and I needed a little bit of time to do something just for me because everyone needs an outlet. So he watched Amelia for 30 minutes while I went out for a quick run around the neighborhood. As I walked out the door Chris said, "Have fun on your outlet!" Thanks for the support, hubs.

And even though it was really cold for a May afternoon - like the kind of cold where my ears and throat were burning after a little while - I did have fun on my run. I was reminded of how much I miss it and how happy it makes me feel.

The rest of Saturday was really uneventful. We just lounged around and watched movies and enjoyed having two couches in the living room. Me and Amelia on one couch, Chris and Lucy on the other. Everyone was happy. 

Sunday was another lazy day of lounging. I got bored enough to play hairdresser with both me and Amelia. Even though Amelia loves to pull her bows out of her hair most of the time, she was being very compliant with me trying out different hairstyles yesterday. 



After having fun playing with her hair, I even decided to try something new with mine, which is truly rare because I am super lazy. But I asked the family who liked the new do and Amelia said, "I do, I do!". 



When Chris got up, we watched the old 80's movie The Burbs and cracked up. We are total goobers who love a good 80's or 90's comedy, and surprisingly neither one of us had ever seen this one. 

I did the usual afternoon grocery run and fixed us some dinner (yes, I actually fixed dinner instead of picking up carryout!) and that wrapped up our weekend. 

Uneventful, but sometimes those are the best kind of weekends. 

No comments: