(PS - I googled "songs about heart" to find a catchy title for this post and man there are A LOT of them. I think I picked a suitable one for the topic I'm about to write about, but it was definitely hard to refrain from using "Achy Breaky Heart" or "Groove is in the Heart." I mean those are just solid gold classics.)
So, now on to the point. I'm walking in the American Heart Association's Heart Walk to raise funds for heart disease and stroke research and education. Not only am I walking in it, but I volunteered to be the TEAM CAPTAIN for my office!
So it's time for me to put on my captain's hat and pick up my cheerleading pom poms and get everyone else pumped up like I am! Will you support my efforts to fight the nations' No. 1 and No. 5 killers - heart disease and stroke?
Click on the link below to visit my fundraising page to make a secure, tax-deductible donation. Please click "Give Now" when you visit my page. If you prefer, you can also mail me a donation.
http://heartwalk.kintera.org/kentuckianaky/emilynation
Here's how your donation will help fight heart disease and stroke:
-$25 gives 50 people educational materials that teach them how to reduce their risk of heart disease and stroke.
-$50 delivers healthy nutrition messages to elementary school students through lesson plans and activity guides.
-$100 allows one hospital to teach its patients, caregivers and health professionals about the risks of stroke.
Events like Heart Walk make a difference. Through education and research, the American Heart Association is working to build healthier lives for all Americans.
So will you put a little love in your heart and listen to your heart and not have a total eclipse of the heart and stop draggin my heart around....and seriously, the list goes on forever...and please support the American Heart Association? Thank you in advance for your donation and support!
Don't give because I'm asking you to. Give because it makes a difference in the lives of others.
![]() |
| 2015 Kentuckiana Heart Walk king and queen. (Photo: Courtesy of the American Heart Association) |



No comments:
Post a Comment