Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Yesterday I made the colossal mistake of searching the words "pb sandwich" on Pinterest. I have to give a complete and explicit warning - DO NOT DO THIS.

If you do, you will find yourself in a peanut butter and jelly stupor drooling on yourself and kicking yourself questioning why you had never thought to put nutella and bananas and cinnamon and honey on your plain old sad PB & J before. It's like a whole new world of possibilities has been opened up for me.

Seriously, the combinations that the brilliant folks over at the Pinterest have come up with are mind-blowing. I never thought I would be so excited to go home and make a peanut butter and jelly sushi roll. Or a PB, pickle, & chips sandwich. What? Did I just say that?

I find myself constantly feeling like I'm in a rut when it comes to making new and delicious meals for the family. I am failing at providing Amelia with new and interesting flavors to add to her palate. She's had so much green beans and mac n cheese, she's going to think it's the only food that exists.

Last night I was proud of me and Amelia for branching out with a few new food combinations. I made veggie bagel sandwiches for Chris and I that were super delicious and pretty easy to make. How hard is it to throw a bunch of sliced veggies on a toasted everything bagel and slap a little cream cheese on there to make sure the veggies don't slide around too much?

And I'll tell you who was the star of the sandwich show - that would be the avocado. Maybe it's just me but I can't get enough of those babies lately. I'm like those girls on the Subway commercial who are competing to show which one is the bigger avocado fanatic. Whoops, I forgot to lock my avoCARdo. Have you met my first born son, Avocado?

Amelia had a lovely combination of baked beans, avocado (because, of course), pickles, strawberries, and blueberries. She was loving her life. Before I realized what happened I looked over and saw Amelia's ENTIRE face covered in baked bean sauce and there were bits of strawberries in her hair. But at least that sweet dirty face was smiling and happy.

Speaking of Amelia, she has been one little clinger lately. She's growing her 1 year molars and even though she really isn't fussing too much, I can definitely tell she's not totally acting like herself - mostly because she is clinging to me like a spider monkey.

She wants to be held by Mama 24/7, and when I hold her, she lays her sweet little head on my shoulder and squeezes me extra tight so that I know she doesn't want me to put her down. I have to say that I am cherishing this time because I know it won't last long, and I really love being the source of comfort to her while she's not feeling her best.

Even if it means that I have to learn how to make new and interesting peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a spider monkey attached to my body.

No comments: