My brain has too many random thoughts flying all about to formulate a proper comprehensive blog post, so the only way for today's post to make sense is to do it in list fashion.
You know I love a good list.
1. After making it through the entire day on Monday without a phone call from our maintenance crew asking me about our squirrel situation, I had finally let out a sigh of relief thanking heavens that they decided to ignore my silly voicemail and save me the embarrassment of calling me to ask about it. So imagine my surprise when after only 5 minutes of being home on Monday afternoon, our doorbell rings, and it is none other than one of the maintenance guys standing there to ask me IN PERSON if my squirrel issue had been resolved.
"Um, yes sir, the squirrel is gone. Excuse me while I hang my head in complete and utter embarrassment."
2. I decided to simplify the blog look with a little classic black and white and some pretty script and type font. I think it looks more like my style than those birds I had on here before. However, Chris did recently bring it to my attention that the girls in my family do have an unusual affinity for birds. I had no idea what he was talking about until he reminded me that my mom loves roosters and has rooster decorations all over her kitchen and my sister has more owl decor than Pier One and Hobby Lobby put together.
I would call it a coincidence that there are just two bird-loving-ladies in my family, until he pointed out that Amelia is all ducks, all the time. Duck, duck this and duck, duck that. Here a duck, there a duck, everything is DUCK DUCK. Um, he may have a point here. But I digress from my original point - the point is that I for one am not a big bird person. Not to be confused with Big Bird from Sesame Street, although, to be honest, I am not a big fan of him either. I much prefer Elmo.
And now I have really gotten off track here, time to move to point 3.
3. I've been going fairly strong with my mini-marathon running plan. I have especially knocked out those days where the plan requires me to rest and not do any running. However, I did manage to go to the gym every day last week....and only one day this week. But it is quite lovely outside today and I'm trying very hard to pump myself up to take Amelia for a 20 minute stroller run/walk when I get home.
I consider myself a runner, if anyone asks. But I'm not an avid, got to do it every day, track my mileage, sign up for every race in a tri-county area kind of runner. I'm more of a hey I think I'll run this week and then lose motivation for a month kind of runner. BUT I really really want to BE one of those avid runners. When I was training for my mini and actually running on a consistent basis, I WAS one of those runners. And I finally experienced what I had only heard people speak about - the runner's high. After so many miles, you just lose yourself in the experience. You get into the runner's zone. And you feel absolutely wonderful afterwards. Not to mention ZERO guilt about eating anything you want.
Which is in and of itself the best reason I can think of to become a hardcore runner!
4. So. I was watching Kathy Lee and Hoda last weekend when I got quite the treat of seeing a live performance of Vanilla Ice and Salt n Pepa. They were there promoting the concert tour they are doing right now called "I love the 90's" .... and then a commercial came on that said they were coming to Louisville on June 4th! I can't decide if it would be totally lame or if I just want to swallow my pride and admit that it would be dadgum AWESOME.
Further investigation of which artists will be performing in Louisville has taught me that the following will be there: SALT N PEPA, COLOR ME BADD, ALL 4 ONE, TONE LOC, ROB BASE, YOUNG MC, & KOOL MOE DEE.
I can't decide - pass or go for it? If I go, I will need an accomplice. I mean it can't just be me. It takes two to make a thing go right. It takes two to make it out of sight.
And if you caught that Rob Base line, then you should probably join me! But don't worry if you didn't catch it. He's not internationally known, but he is known to rock the microphone.
No comments:
Post a Comment