Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Hairy Situation

So I don't think I have shared on the blog yet that I recently got a really great promotion at work. I will be starting my new position in about 3 weeks, and I am so excited.

With the anticipation of a new job on the horizon, I have been struck with the desire to get a fresh new "big girl" hair cut to go along with my new big girl job. I think the reason I'm feeling this way is because throughout the interview process, and even when I was offered the job, the Dean (my new boss) made comments regarding how young I looked.

"You don't look old enough to have a 3 month old."

"Even though you look really young, you present yourself very professionally and maturely." (This one was like a compliment wrapped in an insult!)

So with a hefty dose of self-conscientiousness on my mind, I have decided I need a new hair cut to make myself feel better. But I have no idea what kind of style to go with in order to make me look older. Do I do swoopy bangs? Do I chop it into a short bob? Do I get real crazy and do both? I need help!

Here are some options I like - tell me what you think! (Oh and by the way, when I told Chris I needed a new big girl hair cut, he told me I also needed a new big girl voice. Apparently, he doesn't think a new hair cut will help me appear older when I open my mouth and sound like Minnie Mouse's little sister.)





Help me decide! I have no idea what would be best & not end up making me look even younger.

I'm also looking forward to shortening my hair to get it a little further out of Amelia's grasp - that little stinker is going to make Mommy have a bald patch if she keeps this up!

5 comments:

Ashley Key said...

Oh...pick me!!! Definitely the first one. I love a long inverted bob!

Alicia said...

Oh I like the first one too! I would NOT recommend bangs as a new mom. They will get on your last nerve and you will end up with a bobby pin in them from the time you walk in the door in the afternoons! I've always thought you look good in short hair. Your long hair is gorgeous, but sometimes a new haircut can give you that boost of confidence you might need starting a new job. Congrats! I'm super proud of you!

kaciemiller said...

I like picture 1 and 2 but my #1 rule in getting a shorter do is making sure I can still pull it up in a ponytail. Little hands like to grab so having the ability to pull it up is huge. And congrats on the new job!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

As a mom, I HAVE to be able to pull my hair up. When baby girl can grab it, it will be a NIGHTMARE having it down. :)

Unknown said...

I love the Jennifer Aniston cut!